New Mame Gp32 1.2.2

I have implemented auto frame-skip:

http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

I think it runs quite well... If you see any problem, please report me !

It makes no need to play with frame-skip options, also it seems to improve the sound quality in some games...

That's great! Every good emu needs auto-skipping.

Can't wait to try it, but my new GP32 probably takes another week to arrive. :(

If I could play Bubble Bobble full-speed, maybe even with sound, I'd be the happiest man alive! :D

Thanks for working so hard on Mame GP32!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice release Franxis, this is becoming better all the time.
One thing I'd like to see one day is a way to save and than auto-load settings. Not sure if this is really possible or not though, and it's certainly not a criticism of MameGP32.
I was always a Mame-head but playing portable Mame is just amazing. Well done!

Just a quivk piost

.. must play more mMae

Great job man!! No
icable speed increrase, sonund is betoer

.. thak you very much! :D

:lol:

I was playing arkanoid, and paused it to post that.

Quick query:

Has anyone been able to find that launcher (for ver. 1.1)? It includes the Williams .FXE.

The link on Franxis's site is down, and I searched on GPspain's forums, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance ...

Great und a lot of thanks. I wish you the best for your university stuff :)
I have ordered yesterday some more SMCs. Two are just not enough to hold all the great emus and homebrewn games for the GP32.

I have presented the university project this morning...

The calification: 10 / 10 :D

This afternoon i will release the university project document (in spanish, sorry to all non spanish readers) and the source code.

Thank you all for your messages !

Maybe some of you will help programming in the MAME port ???

REgards.

Congratulations :D, you don't get much better than that. Excellent news.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but does setting frameskip to <=5 give you the best performance (speed wise) as it will run as fast as possible but may drop down to 5 if required?

:)

This afternoon i will release the university project document (in spanish, sorry to all non spanish readers) and the source code.

REgards.
top banana, 10/10 is recognition of your hard work :D

:lol:

I was playing arkanoid, and paused it to post that.

Quick query:

Has anyone been able to find that launcher (for ver. 1.1)? It includes the Williams .FXE.

The link on Franxis's site is down, and I searched on GPspain's forums, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance ...

I have it and I could send it to you via mail or put it on ftp. Wait...
You can download it here:
GP32 Temporary Archive for MAME Launcher 1.1

MANY MANY thanks for this!! :D

REgards.

I thought that Reesy was going to give you the ASM Z80 core to help with it? Doesn't he want to give it to you for MAME?

I thought that Reesy was going to give you the ASM Z80 core to help with it? Doesn't he want to give it to you for MAME?

I passed the source code to Reesy a long ago (mame gp32 v1.1), because he told me he could integrate DrZ80 and Cyclone68000... But i have no news from him for two months.

I thought that Reesy was going to give you the ASM Z80 core to help with it?  Doesn't he want to give it to you for MAME?

I passed the source code to Reesy a long ago (mame gp32 v1.1), because he told me he could integrate DrZ80 and Cyclone68000... But i have no news from him for two months.

Maybe he could give you the Z80 core and you could put it in, Not sure. You could always e-mail him for it.

I thought that Reesy was going to give you the ASM Z80 core to help with it?  Doesn't he want to give it to you for MAME?

Maybe he could give you the Z80 core and you could put it in, Not sure. You could always e-mail him for it.

Reesy said that its pretty much useless to anyone else until he gets around to documenting it.

Reesy is really busy with his new job at the moment so he has very little time.

But he released a private DrSMS beta lately, so he's still coding :)

Back