Download Mame Gp32 1.4!

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New MAME GP32 1.4:

- Support for 11 Gottlieb/Mylstar games (mclassic.fxe): Q*Bert (US) (qbert), Q*Bert (Japan) (qbertjp), Q*Bert Qubes (qbertqub), FHMC Q*Bert (sqbert), Curve Ball (curvebal), Krull (krull), Mad Planets (mplanets), M.A.C.H. 3 (mach3), Reactor (reactor), Three Stooges (3stooges), Us vs. Them (usvsthem)
- TheGrimReaper: Support for 7 Sega Vector G-80 games (msega.fxe): Eliminator (2 Players) (elim2), Eliminator (4 Players) (elim4), Space Fury (revision C) (spacfury), Space Fury (revision A) (spacfura), Star Trek (startrek), Tac/Scan (tacscan), Zektor (zektor)
- Save emulator configuration corrected
- Paths changed:
gp:\gpmm\mamegp32\roms\ -> Here should be the ROMs
gp:\gpmm\mamegp32\cfg\ -> Configuration files
gp:\gpmm\mamegp32\joy\ -> Analog Joystick settings
- Video output function optimized
- Video frame limiter improved
- Cuadruple video buffer instead of double
- Compiled with DevKitARM r14
- The frontend is not available yet... Help needed, see source code: gp32_frontend.c

http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

This is AWESOME!!! Thanks!!!

Attachments

87.1 KB · Views: 148
Hi Franxis - thankyou for the latest update!! I hope you keep up the good work on this along with evil dragons help and also hope that you continue the emulator on the new gpx2!!

Franxis there seems to be quite a large speed increase over 1.3
Whatever you did to achieve this, congratulations! It makes BombJack perfect on my GP, also DigDug (which is one of those weird "why would that run slow" games).
Well done to you and GrimReaper.

The sound is much more stuttery in this version for some reason though. Games that had fairly regular sound now seem to break up more. Not sure what happened, maybe the extra video performance effected the audio. Other than that it is great. I will have 2 versions on the card. the old version for the better sound and the newer for the new games.

Thanks for the continuing good work.

DaveC posted on Jul 28 2005 at 04:46 AM said:
The sound is much more stuttery in this version for some reason though. Games that had fairly regular sound now seem to break up more. Not sure what happened, maybe the extra video performance effected the audio. Other than that it is great. I will have 2 versions on the card. the old version for the better sound and the newer for the new games.

Thanks for the continuing good work.

Yes i know about this problem. This is because the CPU is sleeping more time than in previous version. This is because the video core is quite faster now. When i wait for correct timing (with gpTickCountGet()) instead of drawing video frames, the sound is distorsed... I dunno why... I will try to improve this.

Thank you and regards.

PD: Maybe someone could tell me why LaunchFXE() don't run in gp32_frontend.c ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Very much improved at 166MHZ!! I am really impressed with MAME EMU how a lot of games run full speed and sound and other full speed with no sound. If there was an option to screen the game to full screen would be great!!! a front end as well wiht one huge list too.. Keep up the great work Franxis!!!!!

Thanks for this update!

One problem I noticed:

The .joy settings aren't read.

I used my previous tempest .joy, put it in the new path (GPMM/MAMEGP32/JOY) and it uses the default settings.

I know it isn't being read, because I changed the x and y values to "doh" and "ugh" (just to see if I got an error)

Tempest just loaded as normal, with the default joystick settings.

Franxis posted on Jul 28 2005 at 02:06 PM said:
Yes i know about this problem. This is because the CPU is sleeping more time than in previous version. This is because the video core is quite faster now. When i wait for correct timing (with gpTickCountGet()) instead of drawing video frames, the sound is distorsed... I dunno why... I will try to improve this.

Are you sure it is because the CPU is sleeping that you get the clicks ?
My app clicked mainly wgen clearing the framebuffer to display a new image. Strangely enough putting some wait loop in the clearing did solve the problem.

See http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=254392

I'd be glad to find a real answer to the clicking.. this seems too wierd.

TelcoLou posted on Jul 29 2005 at 03:41 AM said:
Thanks for this update!

One problem I noticed:

I used my previous tempest .joy, put it in the new path (GPMM/MAMEGP32/JOY) and it uses the default settings.

I know it isn't being read, because I changed the x and y values to "doh" and "ugh" (just to see if I got an error)

@TelcoLou:

Sorry, its not directly related to your problem, but could you please post me here your setting-line for your tempest-controls.joy (even i it not works with this release)? I never figured out how it realy works, I know to replace the "%" with a value thats it.

Many thanks,

mr.white

M-.-n posted on Jul 29 2005 at 12:05 PM said:

My app clicked mainly wgen clearing the framebuffer to display a new image. Strangely enough putting some wait loop in the clearing did solve the problem.

I have no other possible meaning. To check by yourself:
1. Try a game with frameskip <=2
2. Try the same game with frameskip =2

In case 2 i draw less video frames because video framerate is fixed. I case 1 i draw all video frames i could. But extrangely the sound quality is better on case 1 ???.

I have seen the forum topic you mentioned, but i don't want to slow the core to solve the problem... I.e. check a later game with frameskip 0, the game is slow, but the audio is also better... I dunno it is very extrange...

mr.white posted on Jul 30 2005 at 03:11 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Jul 29 2005 at 03:41 AM said:
Thanks for this update!

One problem I noticed:

@TelcoLou:

Sorry, its not directly related to your problem, but could you please post me here your setting-line for your tempest-controls.joy (even i it not works with this release)? I never figured out how it realy works, I know to replace the "%" with a value thats it.

Many thanks,

mr.white

Easy, just replace the "%" with a number from 1-255, the lower numbers make the joystick less sensitive. Make sure to save the file in the "joy" folder as "game.joy" (game being the rom name, of course).

Interesting thing: It works if I load up tempest set 3, but not sets 1 or 2.

Any Idea why?

Franxis posted on Jul 30 2005 at 02:05 PM said:
M-.-n posted on Jul 29 2005 at 12:05 PM said:

I have no other possible meaning. To check by yourself:
1. Try a game with frameskip <=2
2. Try the same game with frameskip =2

In case 2 i draw less video frames because video framerate is fixed. I case 1 i draw all video frames i could. But extrangely the sound quality is better on case 1 ???.

I have seen the forum topic you mentioned, but i don't want to slow the core to solve the problem... I.e. check a later game with frameskip 0, the game is slow, but the audio is also better... I dunno it is very extrange...

I noticed in the older versions that when I set the game to FS 0 the stuttering was reduced. It is like when it skips frames it skips audio too. No frameskip, no audio skip. The new version seems bad no matter what the setting though.

TelcoLou posted on Aug 1 2005 at 11:46 PM said:
Interesting thing: It works if I load up tempest set 3, but not sets 1 or 2.

Any Idea why?

Yup, that's because tempest rev 3 is loaded from the file tempest.zip and therefore uses tempest.joy as the configuration file.

Similarily

Tempest (rev 2) = tempest2.zip and tempest2.joy
Tempest (rev 1) = tempest1.zip and tempest1.joy

Back