Download Mame Gp32 1.4!

Easy, just replace the "%" with a number from 1-255, the lower numbers make the joystick less sensitive. Make sure to save the file in the "joy" folder as "game.joy" (game being the rom name, of course).

Interesting thing: It works if I load up tempest set 3, but not sets 1 or 2.

Any Idea why?

Sorry I still don't get it. Thats exactly what I did, but I get an error-message while loading the rom (wrong value etc..) my line in tempest.joy looks like this:

x_sensitivity=1d;y_sensitivity=255d;

What did I wrong?

Thanks,

mr.white

P.S.: Luckely I just have set 3 in my collection and no set set availabel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's almost correct but not quite :D

What you should actually be changing is %d to 255 not % to 255. So in your example the correct line would be:

x_sensitivity=1;y_sensitivity=255;

For information: %d means a number in a formatted string used in C, %s is for strings and %f for numbers with decimal places eg. 1.23

Hope that now works for you.

thegrimreaper posted on Aug 2 2005 at 11:51 AM said:
Well, it's almost correct but not quite :D

What you should actually be changing is %d to 255 not % to 255. So in your example the correct line would be:

x_sensitivity=1;y_sensitivity=255;

For information: %d means a number in a formatted string used in C, %s is for strings and %f for numbers with decimal places eg. 1.23

Hope that now works for you.

Now it works! Great - thanks a lot for the hint!

mr.white

thegrimreaper posted on Aug 2 2005 at 04:49 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Aug 1 2005 at 11:46 PM said:
Interesting thing: It works if I load up tempest set 3, but not sets 1 or 2.

Any Idea why?

Yup, that's because tempest rev 3 is loaded from the file tempest.zip and therefore uses tempest.joy as the configuration file.

Similarily

Tempest (rev 2) = tempest2.zip and tempest2.joy
Tempest (rev 1) = tempest1.zip and tempest1.joy

wow. I feel very, very stupid now :lol:

(I thought Tempest set 1 was named "tempest.zip" ... boy is my face red :p Thanks a lot for the reply and for all your hard work :) )

BREAKING NEWS......

In the last 10 minutes I finally got the menu system working for Mame.

It really does make it a lot more user friendly to play. It's quite quick too once the list of available games has been saved to the SMC. I've got around 700 games and the menu pops up in about 2 seconds.

Updating the list of games when they've been added/removed is simply done by pressing Start+Select. And if anyone liked the way the old fxe worked, with just the relevent games shown for each fxe, then they'll still work that way too (don't know why anyone would want to do that though).

thegrimreaper posted on Aug 12 2005 at 09:39 PM said:
BREAKING NEWS......

In the last 10 minutes I finally got the menu system working for Mame.

It really does make it a lot more user friendly to play. It's quite quick too once the list of available games has been saved to the SMC. I've got around 700 games and the menu pops up in about 2 seconds.

Updating the list of games when they've been added/removed is simply done by pressing Start+Select. And if anyone liked the way the old fxe worked, with just the relevent games shown for each fxe, then they'll still work that way too (don't know why anyone would want to do that though).

Wow, that's cool! :)

Last edited:
thegrimreaper posted on Aug 12 2005 at 10:52 PM said:
Has anyone else had trouble with Missile Command in v1.4 ? I've just noticed the graphics seem a bit screwy.

Haven't tried yet - but Crazy Kong crashes for me when playing with sound on.
It crashes as soon as Kong reaches the top of the screen and jumps for the first time...

Last edited:
thegrimreaper posted on Aug 12 2005 at 08:52 PM said:
Thanks ED.

Has anyone else had trouble with Missile Command in v1.4 ? I've just noticed the graphics seem a bit screwy.

I just noticed that the sound was worse in 1.4 . Otherwise it seems ok. I am back to using the older version though for most games because the sound is less stuttery. I use 1.4 for the stuff that needs 1.4 to run. Hopefully that and the control bug in millipede, and screen shift in centipede (vertical) can be worked out someday.

Thanks for everything though it is great :)

Back