GP2X New Incentive To Finish Phoneme

Holymonkey

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,
I'm a professional pixel artist who's worked for Gameloft and Glu Mobile. I've owned a Gp2x for a few years now and always wanted to make some original games for the wonderful device.

I've also been using Multimedia Fusion2 by clickteam and had finished several unprofessional game projects in my spare time (for PC)with it.

Well, now thanks to MMF2's new ability to export in j2me format I can actually get my future creations working on the Gp2x! (I've already done a quick test and it works). The only bad part is the total lack of sound support with the latest version of phoneME.

Just to get some more attention and to hopefully enticeone of you real programmes to finish the nearly perfect phoneME, here's a vey quick and very low-color "sketch" I did for a game I might want to make. (was a mockup for a new amiga game I want to make some day)

anyone interrested?

PS, once I put word out that MMF2 games can sucessfully run on Gp2x I think a lot of new games will begin to appear for this wonderful device. But likly only once sound is supported for it.

thanks,

Holymonkey (Mike Parent)

That would be great... :D
I'm not able to compile this...but hope someone could improve PhoneME.

It will be fantastic to play MMF2 games on GP2X...

Thank you.

Please only start 1 post per topic.
At your other post, I replied.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53229-anyone-willing-to-finish-phoneme/page__gopid__846464&#entry846464

Yeah, some crazy patches to get it to build on the latest open2x, but worth it, some great j2me games work perfectly (sometimes minus sound, unless they are using midi).

Last edited by a moderator:
@Holymonkey
Would you be interested in the Dingoo A320 (Dingux) support as well?
We have a MIDPath j2me interpreter for it. It works fine with most of the j2me games and got sound support just recently.

Here's a link to the MIDPath thread on dingoonity.org forums: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-releases/midpath-4-dingoo-v0-2/

Yes! Very interrested! I plan on purchasing a dingoo soon, and porting all of the games I will make to it as well if possible. Please just make sure there's no arbritrary heap limit in the j2me emulation, because the games I'm making will want to use a LOT of the units ram.

I already hit the heap limit in the original release of PhoneME, luckily thanks tp mth411, that wont stop me.

I'm not designing games for phones and then just porting to gp2x and dingoo, I'm making the games FOR Gp2x and Dingoo, and just happen to be using j2me to do so.

Back