New Icons For Some Games

Mr.TwisT

UPDATE! I have made a better set of templates + included some premade icons. You can get it here!

Why hello there! Recently I downloaded some games/apps from the archive and noticed that many either don't have icons, or icons of 25x25 size (looks awful in win2x) and decided to make some nice 32x32 icons that would look good in win2x (and gmenu). Here are all the icons I made so far for:
Blox:

Ghostpix:

Mushroom Roulette:

Rezerwar:

rRootage and rRootage_config:

Smallball in changeland:

Super Mario War:

and Wizznic:

If you like the icons - I can make more or attempt 25x25 size, just write in this thread :)

Congrats for the very good work.. :)
If i need an icon in future i know where to ask...Thank's

Hi Mr. TwisT. Those do look nice. I noticed you put a kinda shine effect on top of the icons. Any chance you could share the source so maybe this could become a standard thing? It is just a simple overlay right? I think it looks very nice.

What icon size are people using? If i remember correctly the original frontend wants 25x25 icons, and bigger sizes get cut off, right? And as i understand it, Win2x and gmenu need 32x32, so what should we developers use?

/Uni

Yes, the original frontend uses 25x25, if larger, the icons get cutoff (ex. Wolf3d icon). I sadly do not have the psd's of the icons, since I would just make them (from screenshot material mostly) and save as .png only. The shine effect is done simply by adding a transparent layer, selecting the area, filling it with white and reducing opacity to 30%-50%. I'm ready to make 25x25 sizes if anyone wants me to, just reply here stating what game you want me to work on. I can try making a template where only adding the picture and aligning it would be enough to make an icon. I'll try that when I have time and keep you updated :)

I have made a 32x32 icon template with a border and shine effect. The instructions are to paste an image into the noted layer and merge it down (right click, merge down). Also, a text layer is available, but is optional.

P.S erm... forgot to put the link up... *Check a few posts lower*

I think 2 versions of icons should be made, for alternative frontends and for the default one. The 25x25 would be the default one (in the .ini file) but could have a different name, and 32x32 should be the same name as the .gpe/.gpu file, for automatic detection by win2x (don't know about gmenu).

Update: made a template for 25x25 size icons, instructions are as previously mentioned, however, I added an optional Bump Up layer which adds a 3D look to icons. I also added such a layer to the 32x32 size icon template. It is turned on by default, but, if desired, can be turned off.
Link: Here

I have improved my templates, and included some premade icons. Also uploaded everything to openhandhelds along with a screenshot of ALL the icons I've made so far.
Dine in, devs!

Back