1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New Hdd Help Please!

Discussion in 'Offtopic Discussions' started by Dozer, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Dozer

Dozer Efram the retarded rabbit

Right, I've installed a new HDD, formatted it and detected it in windows explorer. I went to format it thought explorer and my tossing sister pulled the power cable out, which was followed by me swearing my ass off at her.

I rebooted and now have 2 drives in explorer, both the same size and the same harddisk.

I've formated both of these and they're both still there...

How do I get rid of one please?!

Edit: What??? Now the strangest things happened. I copied a text file to one of the drive letters to check it was working (D) and it copys fine. But when I open up the other drive (E) it's not there :s. So it looks like I have 2 80 gig HDD installed. Which is impossible.

Tags:
  2. frolik

frolik Bass Invader

if i were u I'd delete the partitions using fdisk (if os is pre-xp) or disk manager in XP. then create a new one and format it - sounds like the partition table is screwed so I wouldn't attempt to use it as is

3. Dozer

Dozer Efram the retarded rabbit

Yeah. I did that. Thanks :D. Should have done it in the first place really. Weird though, cos I put a couple of big files onto each one and id only filled up space per file, like I managed to get double the space :S.

Anyway all fixed now :). Thanks frolik.