New Gp32 Site!

Nice looking site :)

Though I'm missing Lady Bug - one of my fav Coleco games in your Colecovision article :)
But good idea - anybody who didn't play Colecovision now knows what to try :)

Yeah very nice! And this kind of "articles" are what gp32x or gp32spain lacks so... go for it!
:)
Bookmarked!

this will just die like the other sites that have been around, it's all good at first, but in the end, nobody cares, and unless your well loved in the scene, it won't matter.

Nice site, look forward to future articles.

this will just die like the other sites that have been around, it's all good at first, but in the end, nobody cares, and unless your well loved in the scene, it won't matter.

STFU n00b

KickinWing posted on Mar 15 2005 at 10:57 AM said:

thats pretty fucked up

Nice site guys; I like the curt yet informative reviews you provided

Last edited by a moderator:
It is tough to make a new site in a small dedicated scene.. gp32x tends to eat 'em up. But thats not to say new sites don't offer new value gp32x doesn't cover, and thus they can succeed.. if the content is good they will come. You just can't make a half ass site, since gp32x will steam over them :)

jeff

Iv'e been debating starting up a couple sites, but its easier to support an existing community and often better overall; but if I come up with somethign new and no one else does it.. better to make a new site.

Well, we're not really going for a news site, or a site with a forum, or downloads for that matter...so I don't think we have to worry about "GP32x eating us up." Our main goal is to make almost an online magazine where people can respond to the articles that we have written. We plan to have a lot of different content on the site that I hope will attract readers. The GP32 scene is fairly mature, I hope to see some of your comments in the futue!

Thanx to all your support, guys! Keep reading!

-BobBorakovitz

Thanks guys, :)

We realise that it's all about the content and that is what we will be concentrating on. We hope to have fresh updates every day or two so don't forget to check in and see whats new.

I know there's lots of neglegted GP32 fan sites out there, but we are mainly doing this out of our own enjoyment, as we are both enthusiastic about the GP32. It would be good if we can turn it into a good base of GP32 information, and if anyone has any ideas or articles they would like to contribute, we would love to hear from them.

As Donskeeto's site (in my sig) is lacking contributors we will be adding our Homebrew reviews there also to help each other out.

Don't forget to check the site regularly, I've just posted a new article now! :D

frolik

KickinWing posted on Mar 15 2005 at 04:57 PM said:

Don't be so pessimistic, I created the gp32x File Archive last year in October, and it's far from dying...

As far as you have interesting stuff that can't be found anywhere else, you have a good chance of creating a good site :)

Another new News page for GP32 wouldn't make sense as won't a downloads page, that's why most will die.
We at gp32x.de are often in close contact with developers (as other major sites like pdroms.de, gp32spain.com), so you can't compete with faster news.
Why should anybody use your news, if gp32x.de or other sites do the same thing faster...?

GP32 Homebrew Reviews is also a good site, in my opinion, just didn't get any updates lately...

So, be optimistic, if you have good articles and provide something that doesn't exist anyhwere else, you can survive pretty good :)
The design is good, the page is easy to browse, and that's pretty important, too :)

Last edited:
Thanx for everything, evildragon! The support from the community is amazing!
Our page has been updated multiple times since the launch (many thanx to Frolik)

Everyone come check it out, there's much more to come!

Back