New Gp2xtr.com Videos

techFreak

Website
Visit site
Hello,

Here's the latest videos played during an exhibition in Istanbul. (Compex'06)

1st video is about the general game and movie functions of GP2X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxdMRCb7rMY

2nd video is about TV-Out and USB Host function of GP2X.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJoAxeQs200

Watch, Enjoy, Spread! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Game/Software Contest" banner on your site looks weird...the GP2X in it is a mirror image.

Coincidentally, "smart-bs" sounds weird as BS also stands more commonly for Bull shit.

Not trying to be a pain though.

Blah posted on Aug 25 2006 at 10:46 AM said:
The "Game/Software Contest" banner on your site looks weird...the GP2X in it is a mirror image.

I know... That's GP2X for left handed. :p This banner is prepared and sent to me by GPH... I know it is mirrored from the first moment.

Coincidentally, "smart-bs" sounds weird as BS also stands more commonly for Bull shit.

BS may stand for many things. That's what you think! :D

Not trying to be a pain though.

Oh thank you!

Great effort, I have few (in fact many ;) ) questions/comments:

1) Do you mind any official distributor using these to promote GP2X in his country? If not, would you provide higher quality versions so they can be used on a big screen TV or even a projector?

2) I have never tried it actually, but I think taking videos of the GP2X the way all videos on youtube are taken makes the screen looks weaker than in reality, maybe if the on screen video was taken using TV out to a video capture card and then "pasted" back on the unit if that is possible during the editing process?, same thing can be done to audio, using a male to male cable from the headphones out to the line-in in your computer's sound card

3) Why don't you post an ordered list of all the games you tried so you don't get questions like "wow, what is that shot'em up game running on MAME during the forth minute of the second video?" :)

4) Nice TV set you have there ;)

Thanks a lot :)

sehs33 posted on Aug 25 2006 at 11:45 AM said:
Great effort at I have few (in fact many ;) ) questions/comments:
Thanks!
1) Do you mind any official distributor using these to promote GP2X in his country? If not, would you provide higher quality versions so they can be used on a big screen TV or even a projector?
Yes you can do it. That's why we post it here. B)
2) I have never tried it actually, but I think taking videos of the GP2X the way all videos on youtube are taken makes the screen looks weaker than in reality, maybe if the on screen video was taken using TV out to a video capture card and then "pasted" back on the unit if that is possible during the editing process?, same thing can be done to audio, using a male to male cable from the headphones out to the line-in in your computer's sound card
Yes it can be done. But then most of the people would tell us that we do fake videos to fool customers! :blink:
3) Why don't you post an ordered list of all the games you tried so you don't get questions like "wow, what is that shot'em up game running on MAME during the forth minute of the second video?" :)
Mmmm... I thought that many games used in the video is very well known titles. Next time we will do a credit list for this issue. Thank you for your advice.
4) Nice TV set you have there ;)

Thanks a lot :)
Thank you very much! :rolleyes:

Good videos, but I did find the game and film sequences a bit long. I'd have preferred one video with with same content but shorter clips.

Thanks for the videos, quality promos like these are always needed.

A question about the first video, I saw you playing Street Fighter II in between some NeoGeo fighters, did SF2 ever come out on the NeoGeo?

screen looks weaker than in reality
The system in the video appears to be an MK1, so if you're comparing it to an MK2 screen, you should also take that into account.

- Alex

Very nice videos, very nice. I notice too in the first video, while playing Street Fighter, that it looked like Ken couldn't pull off combos with the joystick while Blanca beat the mess out of him.

Ughhh..... those videos make it soo tempting to get one!

But I know I wouldnt get enough use out of it to justify the purchase!

techFreak posted on Aug 25 2006 at 01:11 PM said:
Yes I agree that. That's because these videos were prepared for an exhibition. It should be long enough to keep visitors in the booth. ;)

I should have read your first post properly :) . For an exhibition, they're perfect.

Deleted User posted on Aug 25 2006 at 09:54 AM said:
Ughhh..... those videos make it soo tempting to get one!

But I know I wouldnt get enough use out of it to justify the purchase!

You cannot resist! You must get one!

Since we're on the subject on gp2x videos, here's a boat load of gp2x videos covering just about every emulator written for the gp2x. I think the only ones missing are BBC Micro, Vic-20, and x86.

http://youtube.com/groups_videos?name=gp2x

Back