New Gamer

jimjamz

Still Fresh
Hey all.

I treated myself at Christmas and bought a new CAANOO. It's brand new and sealed (all the way from Korea) and I'm planning to unbox it for the first time this weekend.
I want to know what software/apps I should install on it to get me started. I read about another guy that mentioned a 'starter kit' but the links provided to it don't work.
What about the BIOS/firmware? Is their a new version that I need to flash onto the device before I get started (assuming I have the factory revision)?
I'm specifically into game emulation, but will probably use the CAANOO for playing some short films or TV rips also.
I'm sure this question has been posted before, but all the historical links to such resources seem to be dead. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

-jimjamz

jimjamz said:
Hey all.

I treated myself at Christmas and bought a new CAANOO. It's brand new and sealed (all the way from Korea) and I'm planning to unbox it for the first time this weekend.
I want to know what software/apps I should install on it to get me started. I read about another guy that mentioned a 'starter kit' but the links provided to it don't work.
What about the BIOS/firmware? Is their a new version that I need to flash onto the device before I get started (assuming I have the factory CAANOO for playing some short films or TV rips also.revision)?
I'm specifically into game emulation, but will probably use the
I'm sure this question has been posted before, but all the historical links to such resources seem to be dead. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

-jimjamz

Google caanoo archive, everything ya need will be there

Last edited by a moderator:
Your device probably has 1.6.1 on it. Mine did, and I ordered it straight from Korea sealed in the box and everything. Installing stuff is easy as cake, just check out those links Yoshi posted, and if you have any questions feel free to ask, everyone is pretty nice on this forum

sebt3 said:
Welcome here.

zsonance said:
everyone is pretty nice on this forum
Beside a few trolls... like me :D

Thanks guys! :D It's good to be here. I'll keep you posted on my CAANOO adventure.

Hallo !
First of all I got started on the Wiz then bought a Caanoo ! I had to learn alot at first with emulators and such but I have it all now snug as a bug in a rug !! If You have any questions, just post them here. I`ll help.

zsonance said:
Your device probably has 1.6.1 on it. Mine did, and I ordered it straight from Korea sealed in the box and everything.
How can I check what BIOS revision I have? Are the steps quite easy to flash it? Do I need to use a PC in order to flash the device?

jimjamz said:
zsonance said:
Your device probably has 1.6.1 on it. Mine did, and I ordered it straight from Korea sealed in the box and everything.
How can I check what BIOS revision I have? Are the steps quite easy to flash it? Do I need to use a PC in order to flash the device?
Just push on the cog wheel at the lower left side on the main screen, then choose device information. At the very top of the next screen you`ll see the bios version !

It's a great little device. I recently bought a second one for my collection and a TV out cable so I can put it on a larger screen TV.

My quest now is acquiring files. Everything is smooth sailing except finding compatible files for NeoGeo emulation. That's been slightly quirky.

Back