New Firmware 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
logotwdbook.gif

PSyMastR posted on Feb 2 2006 at 08:35 PM said:
So... Any updated word?

Yes, but they're keeping the information from us all ... just to piss us off ;)

Seriously though, we'll know when it happens and no one knows right now for certain when so have patience ... it's a virtue, or something ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 2 2006 at 09:03 PM said:
PSyMastR posted on Feb 2 2006 at 08:35 PM said:
So... Any updated word?

Yes, but they're keeping the information from us all ... just to piss us off ;)

Or they literally can't tell us (language barrier?)

Wow, still not out. Now I'm getting anxious and angry, look at all the time I've been waiting.

Well it's three posts in now, so now its time to start yelling about GPL and GPH and Dignsys. Then it'll be time to yell at craigx and anyone else who tries to help, so they get pissed off.

There we go. Complete thread in a cycle.

Can we all see how immensely helpful this is and stop creating these stupid pointless threads now and possibly do something constructive instead?

<sarcasim>Yeah, let's be constructive like post all are 133t ideas about GBA emulation</sarcasim>

Really, there are lots of pointless threads why pick one this one...

remowilliams posted on Feb 2 2006 at 09:15 PM said:
There we go. Complete thread in a cycle.

Can we all see how immensely helpful this is and stop creating these stupid pointless threads now and possibly do something constructive instead?

..you could have done something constructive yourself, instead of trying to put out the bonfire with gasoline <_<

craigix posted on Feb 2 2006 at 02:55 PM said:
It isn't going to be released due to GPL threats, 1.4.x is now being completed. Its likely there will be a 1.5 release with source code soon.

Right, I'm gonna avoid making the obvious statements, becuase I don't understand this one. Clearly I'm missing the points.

1) What threats?

2) What form have these threats taken?

3) From whom have these threats been made?

Has it been from a concerned party, Linux/Mplayer author or group intersted in protecting GPL or even a customer, who has wrote/phoned GPH informing them that their/everyones right is being infringed?

Bernard from Barnsley, with TUX on his bisep and "GNU/ " "LINUX" on his knuckles who has sent the corpse of a dead skinnless Badger wrapped in tinfoil with a signed copy of The Cathedral and
the Bazarre tucked inside its intstine.

or do they just mean threat, as in they are being a little shady, and they don't want to highlight the problem any more becuase they hope it will go away.

Whats strange about the post is it reads as GPH are punishing the customers of their product becuase people have asked them to follow a licence.

I don't get it LOL

"Bernard from Barnsley, with TUX on his bisep and "GNU/ " "LINUX" on his knuckles"

lol

Cyclops posted on Feb 3 2006 at 12:33 PM said:
Whats strange about the post is it reads as GPH are punishing the customers of their product becuase people have asked them to follow a licence.

True... or perhaps they are just scared.

I do hope their attention hasn't turned away from developing and onto Legal Compliance. But i feat it may be so.

This is how GPH works: The Dev people say that it will be out on X date then they post it on the site then the Dev people say lets have a lunch brake... for a month... then when they get back they decide that it will be finished soon so there is no need to update X date then the fans get real ticked off and then GPH pulls out the "Legal Problems" card... but then they eventually finish.

lol2232 posted on Feb 3 2006 at 12:26 AM said:
This is how GPH works: The Dev people say that it will be out on X date then they post it on the site then the Dev people say lets have a lunch brake... for a month... then when they get back they decide that it will be finished soon so there is no need to update X date then the fans get real ticked off and then GPH pulls out the "Legal Problems" card... but then they eventually finish.

You're giving them a little too much credit . . . :D

Okey dokey then....

Will one of the admins PLEASE collate all the posts about GPH/DIGNSYS and GPL and make one topic and sticky it.

The everyone can argue in one place and stop hijaking all the other threads :)

Right i'm going for a pint, anyone coming... ;)

God Ginrai posted on Feb 3 2006 at 12:30 AM said:
I understand that its a legal document. And I know its not source optional. But you know what is better than FLAMING someone? A helluva lot of things.

here's an easy list of a few examples:
  • One representative for the whole group sending a polite email or phoning Dignsys.
  • A Petition.
  • Polite requests.
  • And Many other options where you aren't being an ass.
I don't understand why you think this shouldn't just be debated like lots of other things? I don't see anyone flaming GPH or anyone else in this thread. Lots of people care about this issue and it's natural that they would want to talk about it.

shrubberyrobbery posted on Feb 2 2006 at 05:57 PM said:
evening2005 posted on Feb 2 2006 at 05:49 PM said:
shrubberyrobbery posted on Feb 2 2006 at 04:47 PM said:
lock it please! quickly!
Why? I don't understand why you don't want to hear/read this.
basically, we've been round and round the arguments for/against GPL and why it exists, and all the misunderstandings don't EVER get resolved. nobody changes their mind, or accepts anyone else's point of view. it's a waste of time.

<smug bastard> see? </smug bastard>

yep. i think I need a pint as well. slurp. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back