New 3DS/XL models incoming

No problems in open it up, as im luckly own a RC Model Build Screw Driver (from my RC Unimog) and a Swiss Army Knife and some Leathermans which also have Screwdrivers..

Also opend my Pandora some yeahr ago to fix the shoulderbuttons..

My DSIXL Carry Case should also fits the New 3ds XL (Bought it yeahrs ago for the Pandora)

Sadly whe have new yeahr, so it cant go on his travel today :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I look forward to reading about your experiences with it :)

I have the standard 3DS and I'm weighing up whether to get the standard or the 3DS XL. I'm not bothered about the lack of face plates for the XL machine, but I like the coloured buttons on the New 3DS and it's form (I can fit it in my pocket), but the larger screen might be really handy (especially since I love touch screen puzzle games) - eg, Picross E.x can be tricky at times as the cells are really small on some puzzles.

[EDIT] Although from what I've seen and read the NEW 3DS screen is slightly larger (is that just the top screen or/and the touchscreen though?).

Decisions decisions...
I've had the standard 3DSXL since it was released in the states, and it's been great, but I'm considering downsizing to the standard N3DS when it's finally released here.

The NEW standard model is kind of a "medium" size, in comparison to the OG and the XL(Bigger screen than the OG, but smaller than the XL). I'm not really all that interested in the changeable plates, but I also like the color scheme of the buttons and the white overall color(hopefully this color sees a US release). I may use the plate feature, but so far only the "wooden" one is of any interest to me, and I would probably just get a themed skin instead.

All though I like my XL, it's is pretty cumbersome and on the heavy side, so the NEW standard model seems like a good choice. I also don't like the current color scheme offered in the NEW XL models, so I'm going to give the standard model a go. I like bigger screens, but the image quality takes a hit, so I'm looking forward to getting the slightly sharper image back.

Hopefully it doesn't take forever to see the NEW model in the states.

Chris

Have mine since Thurstday (dienstag) now,

But ditnt got much time to play since then, because the last 4 Days was "Inventur" in our Company (counting our Inventory) which was a lot work..

So not realy much time..,

Ok, i had a bit Time at Thurstday to make the Data Exchange between my 3DS XL and the NEW XL, and got a few hours to test some things:

DS Games work just like on the OLD 3DS XL

(But whitout 3D)

3DS Games are now a lot cooler, due the New 3D Technik which tracks your Face so the 3D is more Stable, even if you move your face..

The Circle Pad Pro Games works great whit the built in C-Stick and the 4 Schoulderbuttons

The System is much faster in the Menü..

It ditnt affekt the older 3DS Games, so there still he slowdowns in Pokemon, but you notice it on other tasks..

The OLD 3DS dit a New Start if you Close Super Smash Bros 3D, but the NEW XL ditnt..

Its a realy cool Handheld, and works great..

I also have a Silicone Sleve Now for the System, which fits perfektly,

This should prevent the new device of scratches etc..

I got mine on Thursday too (Ambassador Edition) :)

I don't think the new 3D works that well - it's better, but it still jars and moves constantly. The system is indeed a little faster, especially to open and load games. The D-Pad is more "clicky" then the old 3DS, but still feels good. My circle pad also feels a tad clicky - I hope it is just because it's new.

I've not used the new little circle pad (c-stick) yet.

The console is now much friendlier on the hands. The stylus seems a little thin and short for my mitts, but it's still OK.

I have to say that the screen is darker than my old 3DS - I turned off the auto-lighting and even on the brightest setting, it's darker than my old 3DS mid-level.

The battery definitely lasts MUCH longer on the New 3DS - I've had mine on pretty much all day, with the wi-fi on and it's lost about half of its charge.

The new transfer fucked up some of my games and data - eg StreetPass lost all of my completed puzzles, but it let me share parts from those that supposedly didn't exit - I couldn't see them or spend coins to buy pieces or trade from others. Turning off Streetpass and resetting fixed this though - found that via the internet.

No so such luck for StreetPass Battle - I lost 2million soldiers and was 2 countries away from completing the game. I've had to start again :(

I had 78/80 plants in StreetPass Garden too - I've been trying to get those last two for months. Boy was I pissed about that.

I really don't care for StreetPass Squad, but lost about 30% of the game.

These are games I've had and played daily for the last 18months+

My downloaded Animal Crossing game save was also wiped, although I had completed it already and hadn't played it for months anyway. Other games kept their save states. Weird.

So I'm pleased with the hardware, but not the implementation of Nintendo's transfer system - which show some glaring problems.

BTW I don't really like the cover plates - Ambassador or Smash Bros, so those will be going at the earliest opportunity (ir when I can buy new ones).

Strange: Ditnt had this Problems whit my Unit ..

This is, how the Unit Looks whit a Silicon Sleve..

10897969_879933665360610_7662549341626471303_n.jpg

Its cool if you wants a rpg, its from Level 5, they also maked Ninokuni and Layton if i remember Corektly..

Its lots of farming, but whit a story and a nice Jobsystem..

Its not easy to explain for me who got 9 Yeahrs French in Shool...

Have mine since Thurstday (dienstag) now,

[...]
You've mixed up the weekdays there. The word you were looking for is "Tuesday", which would be the correct translation of "Dienstag". ("Thursday" on the other hand translates as "Donnerstag".)
Du hast da was verwechselt, "Thursday" bedeutet "Donnerstag". Das englischsprachige Wort für "Dienstag" lautet "Tuesday".

The new transfer fucked up some of my games and data [...]

[...]

My downloaded Animal Crossing game save was also wiped, although I had completed it already and hadn't played it for months anyway. Other games kept their save states. Weird.
Did this happen to anyone else here?
As far as I know, the save data of Animal Crossing is supposed to transfer over in an actual transfer process (as opposed to when attempting a manual backup of the save data, which is not possible with this game).

I've read about a lot of problems with the transfer process. Everything is supposed to transfer either straight away or when using a pc. It doesn't always work and you don't know until the very end what has transferred (and what hasn't).

All I can say with any certainty is that some of my data transferred over (eg I've had 500 odd Mii encounters and met up with my son's Mii 1000+ times - that transferred over just fine, as did the number of puzzle pieces I had actually amassed, although it would only show the first 5 or 6 completed panels (about 100 pieces?)- I could give other 3DS users panels that I couldn't even see (out of 1200!) I did fix that though. However the StreetPass games were all lost (thabnkfully it remembered I had bought them, so I could get them again, but lost all data relating to them).

Perhaps it was just pure bad luck, but there are plenty of similar accounts out there that indicate that Nintendo haven't got the whole process locked down properly.

I've done the "transfer" twice so far, with no major issues. Besides being slow, and slightly archaic, I actually find it works better than the Vita. When I get a new Vita, and transfer everything over, I always have to re-do wallpaper, folders, and any other custom features(eveyrhting needs to be reorganized).

When I do the 3DS transfer, once I'm done, everything appears to be exactly as it was before. I don't need to move a thing, are customize anything. Sadly, this is "N" after-all, so seeing that issues pop up for some users is of no surprise whatsoever. 

Chris

Whell, mybe the Silicone Sleve wasnt that good as i expectet, and it ditnt workd well whit the C-Stick, so i decidet to put it in my trawer and dotnt use it..

Was 5 € for the barrel..

To avoid it from fall, i have a wrist band anyway..

Watched a bit Youtube whit it yesterday Evening (because his Load Cable is much longer then on my Smartphone), but on Browser, there only was sound, but no aktual Video Picture,

The Browser is realy fast for a Nintendo Handheld, and Youtube should work, but strangely whitout Picture..

So i went to the Youtube App, whit Picture and Sound..

Does your c-stick feel like it's moving at all? Mine doesn't seem to have any range of motion, just a fraction if anything. Perhaps that's the way it's upposed to be, but I expected more. Unfortunately I have no way of testing yet, unless Smash Bros uses the c-stick.

If you prever more something like Rune Factory, i would recomend you Rune Factory 4 (bought it yesterday) you cant compare both much:

RF is more Harvest Moon, whit fokus on Farm working and relationships, and Fight, whyle Fantasy Live a Aktion RPG whit crafting and Material Harvesting is.

Both have a Story, both are Aktion RPGs, but in Fantasy Live there is lots more crafting...

But whit booth games on the device (Rune Factory is Download Only in Germany, and Fantasy Live i have as Gamecard), you have lots fun for a werry long time..

Luckly, i have time today to play a lot whit the New 3DS XL..

Back