Analogue 'C' stick

ZR shoulder button

Colored face buttons

Faster CPU

HTML 5 support

Better 3D viewing angles

Micro SD card slot

NFC support

Kinda glad I waited this long to pick one up now..

https://www.youtube.com/embed/x7SAXvkcsJA?feature=oembed

Not so sure the micro SD is a great idea though, I'm sure Nintendo have taken whatever precautions they deem appropriate.. but won't potential hackers/pirates now have a much easier time of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so ... then I'll pick one up.

If could emulate my old NES/SNES favs on it, I'd likely buy one

I'm not sure how I feel about this new unit. It's pretty much like the DSi they released years ago, but I really don't see this helping their current situation much. On every gaming board, fans and not so interested parties are voicing their hate for this new unit.

The one game that uses the faster processor probably wont see release outside of Japan, so that's not to big a deal, but adding features like extra shoulder buttons and dual analog just further pisses off fans. This is just another item to confuse consumers in my opinion, but who knows.

I did read one guys thoughts that maybe the faster processing will be used for allowing this unit to function as a WiiU tablet, and the extra new features will be mainly for that purpose. Now that would be cool, as I've always said the 3DS should have been used for this, so the WiiU could have skipped the tablet, made a higher spec console, and saved money all around. The added ability to read that Amiibo crap is of no use to me, but I'm sure it will help in the long run.

I will probably buy one, as I do like the "3D" feature of the regular 3DS, but it has always been next to useless unless you can sit as still as a ROCK. Now it looks like I can use it and move and not loose the effect, and that one feature alone, makes this worth my time. Hopefully in the future they will make more games that can use the extra buttons and analog, as the current lineup isn't much.

So to wrap up, I can see the need for some of the new features, but I can also see this unit doing more harm than good, and that is not really good for "N" at this current time. I guess time will tell.

Chris

The new analog Stick is great.

I really like that.

As well as the4 shoulder buttons.

In my opinion those additions were necessary.

New processor is nice but useless as long as it doesn't get a higher resolution screen.

I really hate that low res screen more than anything on the device.

Micro SD was necessary I think to get NFC and the additional Stick int the device.

I like that DS a lot.

What I dislike is that it will come with a newer Firmware and not usable with Flashcards.

I hate to carry all my Games with me.

Flash Cards are such an improvement of gaming Quality.

Hope they will hack it soon.

Oh for ...

They put the stylus vertically AGAIN! The shortest length is not the ideal for a stylus. I thought they'd learned their lesson with the XL but now they're back to the same old problem.

They did some things right at least. User accessible battery for starts.

Wait, "New 3DS"? Are they insane? Did they learn dick all from the whole "WiiU" marketing failure? This is the same thing all over again, consumers will see it as "3DS, only newer" when it is for all purposes an entirely new (forward compatible) system: games specifically designed for it won't be, can't be, backwards compatible. Why not call it the "3DS-2" or at least follow their previous convention and call it "3DSi", an iterative upgrade that is something different in its own right.

"New 3DS". What bull is this?

Good Think, i ditnt bought the 2DS,

now my 3DS XL belongs to my Dad, so he can play Brain Training on it, ..  and use it for Mario Cart 7 matches against mee..

Searched the whole time for a Carrycase that fits 3DS XL + Circle Pad Pro XL, seems like my search is over now..

I will look at the new features, when im home..

Wait, "New 3DS"? Are they insane? Did they learn dick all from the whole "WiiU" marketing failure? This is the same thing all over again, consumers will see it as "3DS, only newer" when it is for all purposes an entirely new (forward compatible) system: games specifically designed for it won't be, can't be, backwards compatible. Why not call it the "3DS-2" or at least follow their previous convention and call it "3DSi", an iterative upgrade that is something different in its own right.

It's just a variant. It's still part of the 3DS line/family.

A completely new Nintendo handheld console is still in the works. Hopefully, in a couple of years time Nintendo release a new handheld console with specs comparable to the nVIDIA Shield, only 64bit.

It's just a variant. It's still part of the 3DS line/family.

A completely new Nintendo handheld console is still in the works. Hopefully, in a couple of years time Nintendo release a new handheld console with specs comparable to the nVIDIA Shield, only 64bit.

It's the same as DSi was.

Now new console but more features.

Even if it's a lot more than it was with the DSi.

Finally playable Monster Hunter (even with low res screen).

Ok, seems like the Cardridge Slot is now in Front, and the Shoulderbuttons Layout reminds me on the first Mockup of the Pyra..

Not bad after all..

Do whe know allready something about the Backward Compability???

To Play Monster Hunter 4 and Smash Bros on this Device would be great, but i ditnt wants to miss my good old DS Games like Chinatown Wars, Giana Sisters DS etc..

Ok, seems like the Cardridge Slot is now in Front, and the Shoulderbuttons Layout reminds me on the first Mockup of the Pyra..

Not bad after all..

Do whe know allready something about the Backward Compability???

To Play Monster Hunter 4 and Smash Bros on this Device would be great, but i ditnt wants to miss my good old DS Games like Chinatown Wars, Giana Sisters DS etc..
Don't see a reason why it shouldn't be backwards compatible.

Horizontal shoulder button array for the win! :D I wonder if many Nintendo fanboys will complain like some Pyra fans here about horizontal trigger desin instead of a vertical array. ;)

Seriously, I like these new features even without having any Nintendo handheld. The build quality shown in the videos is great, I want that for the Pyra. The surface of the XL version looks really high quality, non-glare and not a single ugly sharp edge! Gives me Design-gasms! ^^"

ED could try to find out what exact plastic material Nintendo uses, looks durable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back