New 3DS/XL models incoming

What I say no is not because I'm a Nintendo Fanboy.

That nub is perfect for me.

I never use the tip of my thumb to press the action buttons (My Hands are too big/fingers too long).

I use the middle of my thumb and my tip is placed where the mini nub will be already.

That is the perfect position for me.

If it would have been a full sized nub where the D-Pad is on the other side I would have dad to cripple my hand to reach it.

D-Pad is a pain for me to press.

They should have improved the position of the D-Pad as well.

Now the ninjahax is out there, I'm on one of these New 3DS XL models, Australian one so will be same region lock for me here in UK and still let me access local E-Shop too.

I love Mario games so want to play the ones I've not played before, which I think there's a couple which are only on 3DS.

Has anyone got one of these new models then?

Also, is HBC on these the same one as that on my Wii?

I think it is but not sure

I've no idea... Was hoping that at least the emus available on Wii HBC would be there, I'd like some Fuse and any Sega emu available. They look good and I'm interested in seeing just how good the 3D is on them

I have the DS-10 and the M01 workstation on my dsiXL just wish i knew how to use them... great fun mucking around but no idea what i am doing... lol  i play guitar not keyboard......

Ordered today a Australian (dotnt mistake it whit "Austria (Österreich), the Land down under Germany on the Map) ^^ Nintendo New 3DS XL (would be interessting to found my unit in 20 Yeahrs in the trawers and read "New")..

From a french shop..

It wasnt cheap, but as i ditnt use pyrotechniks this evening and dotnt smoke, i think its no problem..

Costs a little bit more than the 3ds on launch but i ditnt need to deal whit stock..

Should be hear next week, then i will chare some impressions and pictures..

I look forward to reading about your experiences with it :)

I have the standard 3DS and I'm weighing up whether to get the standard or the 3DS XL. I'm not bothered about the lack of face plates for the XL machine, but I like the coloured buttons on the New 3DS and it's form (I can fit it in my pocket), but the larger screen might be really handy (especially since I love touch screen puzzle games) - eg, Picross E.x can be tricky at times as the cells are really small on some puzzles.

[EDIT] Although from what I've seen and read the NEW 3DS screen is slightly larger (is that just the top screen or/and the touchscreen though?).

Decisions decisions...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully e get lots of mony from my stocks this year, because this Handheld, and the Pyra will getting realy expensive..

But luckly, i found 50 € today in my left backpocket of my pants ^^

I got the Aus model too matzesu, I think you'll like it :)

I've been enjoying it, got some nice little games on it, and those Korg apps are both on 50% sale at moment [think it was 50% anyway], so I picked them both up.

Also the old classics in 3D from the eshop are great, like Shinobi and Space Harrier, if you like those games, they look great with the 3D effect I think.

Not had much use of that little nub analogue yet myself, but the shoulder buttons are decent, the positioning of them is fine for me, so don't see any problems with the similar style used on Pyra.

Definitely a decent little console though.

Opening the back case to access the MicroSD is a bit lame though, not sure if it's mine only or by design, but the screws don't actually remove completely, you just loosen them then crack open the cover... seems a bit fragile and almost as if it's going to crack just where the screws are, right close the edge

Back