Beta Nestopia - For Openpandora *beta*

streak

Website
www.openpandora.pl
Whats this:

Nestopia is an open source NES/Famicom emulator designed to emulate the NES hardware as accurately as possible.

Features:

Nestopia emulates the NES CPU at cycle-exact granularity, ensuring full support for software that does mid-scanline and other timing trickery.

Famicom Disk System support
VS. UniSystem support
NSF support
Accurate video emulation, including artifacts of the NES's NTSC color encoder
Savestate support
"Rewind" support
IPS patching support
Movie recording
Several non-standard controllers and peripherals
Support for over 200 memory mappers
Cheat code menu with built in Game Genie
ZIP/RAR/7zip archive support

Download: 4th Floor Development [Link for nestopia on wall ]
Twitter: 4th Floor Development [Twitter]

BTW. for fullspeed emulation please overclock OP to 800Mhz.

Great work as always! Thanks for all your wonderful contributions to the Pandora community!

I have less time recently, so its hard for me to port everything and then packing it + uploading to repo. If any of you have the time to test apps + pack 'em into PND i would be gratefull.

Currently i ported: [You can view progress in porting apps / games for pandora always on my FB page -> http://pnd.to/4floor ]

- new atari 800 CVS build
- DosBox CVS
- MikMod Player
- Reminiscence [Flashback]
- RAW [Another World]
- Kajaani Kombat
- OpenTyrian
- Stella [atari 2600 emulator ]
- aSAP [Sap Atari Player]
- FreeSynd [Syndicate]
- ReMood [Doom Remix]
- Rocks And Diamonds
- SnowNews RSS Reader
- XMP Mod Player
- DJVIEW 4 - DJVu reader
- Dooble Web Browser
- Wolf4SDL [WOlfenstein3D]

..and a lot other wicked stuff for Panda [Mostly various QT apps].

I dont publish em because i have no time to pack 'em to PND.

"Packing to pnd" .. for me, it usually takes about 5 minutes at end of first-build, and then 10 seconds each subsequent update.

ie: I do it lamely, but I make a 'make pnd' step in makefile (same in all projects) or even just a makepnd.sh; that step is a single line to the pnd-build in libpnd and spits out the pnd-file. So the first time hit is copying a previous projects PXML.xml into the 'pnd' dir, and dropping icon.png in, and tweaking the run.sh scipt .. all re-used from previosu projects (cept the icon.)

Its _really_ not all that bad ;) Really, seriously :)

But I appreciate being stoopid-busy, and how it distorts life and makes everythign feel hard and annoying, so I'm with you :)

jeff

skeezix said:
"Packing to pnd" .. for me, it usually takes about 5 minutes at end of first-build, and then 10 seconds each subsequent update.

ie: I do it lamely, but I make a 'make pnd' step in makefile (same in all projects) or even just a makepnd.sh; that step is a single line to the pnd-build in libpnd and spits out the pnd-file. So the first time hit is copying a previous projects PXML.xml into the 'pnd' dir, and dropping icon.png in, and tweaking the run.sh scipt .. all re-used from previosu projects (cept the icon.)

Its _really_ not all that bad ;) Really, seriously :)

But I appreciate being stoopid-busy, and how it distorts life and makes everythign feel hard and annoying, so I'm with you :)

jeff

in my toolchain, genpxml does not bad job generating your pxml and requiered launchs scripts. It even try to find the icon for you. pndmakeauto will build the PND, so for me, it's just a 2 mins job :
genpxml
vi that/PXML.xml #validate
pndmakeauto

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested in trying this if anyone makes a pnd. Until then, I am too stoopid.

Thanks for the work though.

I did try this, but it seemed 800mhz wasn't fast enough, and I couldn't assign the action buttons. I had to assign keyboard buttons for NES A and B.

"O" and "P" are A/B buttons. Try nestopia from http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=nestopia-app with default settings [do not modify any] and check with OC on 800Mhz. For me it works fullspeed [checked Contra and some PD games from Kojote website -> PDRoms.de]

I just tried that download, same thing. Using Ninja Gaiden as my test game, not quite full speed. It's the scaling. If you turn off scaling the speed is good, but that leaves a very small image.

StreaK: Did you look to into using Notaz SDL for scaling as an option? That would give scaling almost for free.

StreaK said:
Nope, i didnt tried it yet. Any www link?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57506-improved-sdl/

Last edited by a moderator: