Nesemu Won't Work

dogeymon

Still Fresh
Website
www.facebook.com
I can't spend forever searching for this question to be answered. Just answer it if you please and I'll delete this. But I would like to try the newer NES emulator, but I have no idea where to put the ROMS. It always has a blank screen with no roms listed anywhere. It showed a kind of pathway at the bottom where they might go so I tried creating those folders. But that didn't work. Help me someone.

Are they unzipped .NES files? because zipped ones don't work (or show up) with NESemu!
You also can't open anything in the right hand part of the 'Load Rom' menu without using the stylus.
Cheers, Neil

Neil L said:
Are they unzipped .NES files? because zipped ones don't work (or show up) with NESemu!
You also can't open anything in the right hand part of the 'Load Rom' menu without using the stylus.
Cheers, Neil

They might not be unzipped. But what folder are they supposed to be in? Can they be anywhere on the memory card?

Last edited by a moderator:
dogeymon said:
They might not be unzipped. But what folder are they supposed to be in? Can they be anywhere on the memory card?

They need to be unzipped and you have to create a roms/nes folder on the SD card to put them in. (But to open subdirectories in this folder (a-z etc.) you have to use the stylus) :angry:
Cheers, Neil

I had the roms in the right path but I couldn't get anything to run in this emulator. I haven't tried since I upgraded my firmware though but last time I tried it, after selecting a game I would just get blank screen. My roms were unzipped and working in the GPFCE so I know they're not bad roms... idk, I just gave up on this one as I hated the GUI to begin with.

Neil L said:
dogeymon said:

They need to be unzipped and you have to create a roms/nes folder on the SD card to put them in. (But to open subdirectories in this folder (a-z etc.) you have to use the stylus) :angry:
Cheers, Neil

Wait a minute, help me by being extremely specific. Do you mean in the very first, root directory of my SD card, I create a folder called "roms", and in that folder I create a subfolder called "nes"? That's how to do it?

dogeymon said:
Wait a minute, help me by being extremely specific. Do you mean in the very first, root directory of my SD card, I create a folder called "roms", and in that folder I create a subfolder called "nes"? That's how to do it?

Yes that's it, that 'should' work!

Back