Nesdbase.dat Question

Horscht

Banned?
Website
Visit site
Hi

im using ljgp0.4 as my favourite NES emu. I also just figured out, that you can use the "nesdbase.dat" file from the NEStoy archive, so lj doesnt show the filenames, but the proper full names (that really rocks!). Now, the only games that show filenames, are the hacks that i downloaded. My question is now, how can i add those to the nesdbase.dat file, so lj recognizes them?

PS: im always using zipped roms, if thats important

:D The hacks is what messed up the database. ;) <_< I had a similar problem happen with me and I'm glad to say that I am using the same EMU. The best thing to do is to re-download the EMU or get a different one. :blink:

no no, you got me wrong. The emu works perfect, and im using nesdbase.dat from the nestoy archive. It is a database of all NES games, so ljgp0.4 shows the names in the database. The problem is, that i own a few Hacks. Those hacks are NOT listed in nesdbase.dat (i opened it with notepad). Now i want to add them to it, so ljgp shows me the databse entry, not the filename.

no no, you got me wrong. The emu works perfect, and im using nesdbase.dat from the nestoy archive which works, too. It is a database of all NES games, so ljgp0.4 shows the names in the database. The problem is, that i own a few Hacks. Those hacks are NOT listed in nesdbase.dat (i opened it with notepad). Now i want to add them to it, so ljgp shows me the databse entry, not the filename.

Here is an example from the nestoydb.dat

00837960;8871b5c4;King's Quest V;67;0;16;32;U;Konami

According to the LittleJohn source code for the nestoy database loader, this is the structure of each entry.

crcall;crc;title;header1;header2;prg_size;chr_size;country;publisher
(I left off the date option thats at the end, that nestoy database doesnt seem to really use or need)

Now, if this is a hack of an existing game, most everything should be the same except The crc's, and the title. (maybe the program size if it has been expanded, etc..)

PRG sizes: 16,32,64,128,256,512,640,1024,1536,2048
CHR sizes: 8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024

Common Country codes are:
U (USA) J (Japan) E (Europe)

You can use nestoy to get the CRC of your rom (read the read me, or look at the output file if you use the -all flag)

I hope that helps. :)

thank you, but could you tell me what the difference between "crcall" and "crc" is? or where i can find the crc of a rom, nestoy outputs the "crcall" whn asking for output.

Ok got most of the Hacks in my database. But there are 4 hacks, that are still not recognized (for some reason all 3 SMB3 Hacks, and the SMB2 (J) Mapper Hack)

i ran nestoy with the following settings:

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Sascha\Eigene Dateien\nestoy\nestoy -o -u -sub -b

this is what was in my output.txt:

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Sascha\Eigene Dateien\nestoy\roms\*.nes
? Smb Lost levels.nes 4 V... 4x16kB 2x8kB ??? 25260c08
? Smb3 second adventure.nes 4 H... 16x16kB 16x8kB ??? 658057dd
b SMB3Adv.nes 4 HB.. 16x16kB 20x8kB ??? 10ad9094
? SMB3C.nes 4 H... 16x16kB 16x8kB ??? 51779184

4 ROMs found

Finished in 0 seconds.

and this is, what i added to my nesdbase.dat:

25260c08;25260c08;Super Mario Bros:the lost levels (SMB2 (J) Mapper Hack);1;0;4;2;JH
658057dd;658057dd;Super Mario bros. 3-second adventure (SMB3 Hack);64;0;16;16;U;Nintendo
10ad9094;10ad9094;Super Mario Bros.3-Mario Adventure;64;0;16;20;U;Nintendo
51779184;51779184;Super Mario Bros. 3 C (SMB3 Hack);64;0;16;16;U;Nintendo

how come they dont work?

Well first, the top one on your list there, doesnt have the "publisher", and the country JH isnt one of the available listed (I dont know if that makes any difference).

Other then that I dont know, I would assume it had something to do with that secondary crc, if someone can figureout how to obtain that.

i think that the country and publisher are just optional, you don´t need those. Personaly i asumed this would have to doe something with the "header1" and "header2" tag. But i still cant figure out, where to find them. I downloaded a header analyzer, but i still cant find something with a 64 in my original SMB3 rom.

Back