Question About "clrmame.dat"

Purity

Still Fresh
Hello, yeah i finally found my way back to mame again .. this time on my gp32 :) Now I'm a little bit confussed ... well not really but I've got a question. I've downloaded the latest version 1.9 (without the 2 specialized hotfixes). In the readme is mentioned that this version supports 721 different romsets and that you can use clrmamepro to check and fix the roms you have using the clrmame.dat file included in the archive. But when i start clrmamepro using this dat file it tells me that there are 1025 romsets included in the dat file. So what about the "missing" 304 romsets? are these the remaining sets of mame32 0.34 which don't work with mamegp or which are bigger than 8mb?

Purity posted on Oct 14 2005 at 01:58 PM said:
Hello at yeah i finally found my way back to mame again .. this time on my gp32 :) Now I'm a little bit confussed ... well not really but I've got a question. I've downloaded the latest version 1.9 (without the 2 specialized hotfixes). In the readme is mentioned that this version supports 721 different romsets and that you can use clrmamepro to check and fix the roms you have using the clrmame.dat file included in the archive. But when i start clrmamepro using this dat file it tells me that there are 1025 romsets included in the dat file. So what about the "missing" 304 romsets? are these the remaining sets of mame32 0.34 which don't work with mamegp or which are bigger than 8mb?

EXACTLY :D

Last edited by a moderator:
.. and you really let me write 5 lines to get an answer like this? ;) you could at least fill your reply with something off topic ... like how's the progress of the implementation of the latest drz80 tweak code into the main version for example :)

Back