Neoragex Vs Gngeo

paxl13

Hi there,

Is there a way to convert NeoRageX roms to Gngeo format.
Would it take a different romrc. because on two same named archive [ like
the same game ] the file achitecture was different.

Thank for you help guys
paxl13

There are different ROMsets of different versions from different release groups/dumpers. You need the one gngeo recognizes; but there is nothing specific to GnGeo or NeoRageX about them.

So there is no way to convert them ? between one an another ?

paxl13

JyuOH posted on Aug 8 2006 at 10:04 PM said:
i'm pretty sure you can edit the romcrc file
Yes, it's editable but if you use notepad you'll break the file, to edit the file without breaking it, you must edit it from linux or using a text editor called vim for windows.
An easy way to convert roms is to check the romrc to know the wanted files and his sizes inside the rom you want to play; then unzip your rom, check that the files are named correctly and their sizes match; if the names aren't the same just rename your files (example: mvc_exc1.bin -> 224-c1.rom; the two characters before the extension identifies the file) and zip them again (call the zip like before unzipping or like the romrc file does of course).
That should be enough.
Sorry about my crappy english, good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
All my neogeo roms were from my early adventures of emulation using NeoRage back in 2000 (and more recently neoRageX) and they work fine with my gp2x. No conversion was needed. If the roms are pure (no curruption) it will work just fine.

Back