Mslug5

whiskthecat

whiskthecat
Website
pigliver.blogsite.org
I cannot get metal slug5 five to work. I have tried multiple roms and even tried creating my own out of different combinations of files. Either way the closedt i can get it to running is, itl load up on gngeo and everything looks fine until i get to the start of the game and all the graphics are garbled.

I also have the same problem with mslug 4. Can anyone help me out or give me some ideas. My aim sn is jakexr70.

When you say the graphics are garbled, do you mean after the weird green bootscreen?

As far as I know, there are 4 MS5 romsets available:

mslug5.zip
mslug5a.zip
mslug5n.zip
mslug5nd.zip

One of those should work. Search torrentsites for the Full NeoGeo Romset (3.9Gig) and have them all.

Well I don't think that's entirely true. You can't own a NeoGeo MVS game except you own an arcade cabinet, and you should try to get one <_<

What about the home system?

Otherwise the complete NeoGeo romset takes up a whole warehouse :p

But if you don't have that warehouse
whisk doesn't own the full NeoGeo romset that would be PIRACY ZOMG :eek: :eek: :eek:

Aninhumer posted on Jul 28 2006 at 04:33 AM said:
What about the home system?

Otherwise the complete NeoGeo romset takes up a whole warehouse :p

But if you don't have that warehouse
whisk doesn't own the full NeoGeo romset that would be PIRACY ZOMG :eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't forget about just owning the PCB's you could store them in serveral boxes labeled "Just in case NeoGeo comes a knocking" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aimless_E posted on Jul 28 2006 at 02:33 PM said:
Don't forget about just owning the PCB's you could store them in serveral boxes labeled "Just in case NeoGeo comes a knocking" :)
Just thought that I'd let u know.. NeoGeo MVS is a cartridge system not PCB.
U need a PCB motherboard (1,4 or 6 slot) to be able to play them though but once that's in a machine, the cartridges can just be popped in & out like a Snes/Genesis etc. :)

Tripmonkey_uk posted on Jul 28 2006 at 11:10 AM said:
NoidZ posted on Jul 28 2006 at 08:47 AM said:
Well I don't think that's entirely true. You can't own a NeoGeo MVS game except you own an arcade cabinet, and you should try to get one <_<
You can buy mine if u like, it's on ebay at the moment ;)

How much?

NoidZ posted on Jul 28 2006 at 03:47 PM said:
How much?
I'll lower the reserve & let it go to someone in the GP2X community for £350.00. At least I know it would get a good home then & be looked after :D
here's the auction link!

Please don't bid if you havn't got the money & the transport to get it home with (don't have a van myself sorry). Already had to relist it 3 times due to time wasters :angry:

***EDIT***
Just noticed that the picture in the auction makes it look lop sided.. it's not. I'm just crap with a camera & the gimp's tool that I used to try & straighten it, seems to have warped it a little lol.

Tripmonkey_uk posted on Jul 28 2006 at 04:14 PM said:
NoidZ posted on Jul 28 2006 at 03:47 PM said:
How much?
I'll lower the reserve & let it go to someone in the GP2X community for £350.00. At least I know it would get a good home then & be looked after :D
here's the auction link!

Please don't bid if you havn't got the money & the transport to get it home with (don't have a van myself sorry). Already had to relist it 3 times due to time wasters :angry:

***EDIT***
Just noticed that the picture in the auction makes it look lop sided.. it's not. I'm just crap with a camera & the gimp's tool that I used to try & straighten it, seems to have warped it a little lol.

nice unit. I hope you have more luck seling than i had with my bubble bobble coinop, i had more tyre kickers than a second hands car showroom and still have mine

That's a good deal for a modified cab with all those games. I'd go for it myself if I didn't already own an MVS.

And buying an MVS cab is something I'd highly recommend if you enjoy playing NeoGeo emulators. Really it doesn't take up THAT much room and most games can be picked up from £10-50 including the more modern stuff.

mosschops posted on Jul 28 2006 at 05:53 PM said:
nice unit. I hope you have more luck seling than i had with my bubble bobble coinop, i had more tyre kickers than a second hands car showroom and still have mine
Dammit.. BubbleBobble is one of my all time fave games. I'd buy it off u myself if I had the room for it :(

Huxley posted on Jul 28 2006 at 05:53 PM said:
That's a good deal for a modified cab with all those games. I'd go for it myself if I didn't already own an MVS.

And buying an MVS cab is something I'd highly recommend if you enjoy playing NeoGeo emulators. Really it doesn't take up THAT much room and most games can be picked up from £10-50 including the more modern stuff.
This cab doesn't take up much room at all. It's about perfect for a home system as it's just big enough for 2 players to play on at once.
Unfortunatly I pretty much live & work out of 1 room & that's full of crap lol. I got what I needed out of buying it anyway.. the fun of modding an arcade machine :D
At least I can play the NeoGeo games on my 2X that I've bought. Just need to sell the cab to put the money back into my bank now once it's sold.

***EDIT***
Sorry for hijacking your thread whisk. Why does that always happen in this forum?

Sorry, there is too much to do for me, AND I'm going to buy an X360 + a TFT monitor so I think I'll spend the money on the 360.

EDIT: + I've got an 2X so most NeoGeo games I like play at full speed already... Too bad that all Metal Slugs arent playable at full speed :(

Just to clarify, you don't need a cab to play MVS games. You can simply go the consolized route or the supergun route, both of which are VERY affordable and convenient compared to a cab.

Yeah, but NeoGeo games look perfect on GP2X. 320x240 on 320x240 :)

If the PSX emulation will ever be running at full speed :rolleyes:

..Tony Hawk :rolleyes:

Back