Neon (Indie Title)

Cameleon

Website
Visit site
Hi everyone I'm announcing my first indie title everywhere right now, and there will be a Pandora version. Although the game will start life as a 2D puzzle game I will issue an updated pnd, when I get GLES playing nice with my weird data formats, which will be the full 3D game. Best of all I'm giving this version away for free (PC version is going to be ~£1.99-£2.99). It's out next Friday 26/11
NEON @ Oort Games

Please no harsh remarks, I'm trying to start making a living developing my own games for a change! Also I know it looks bland at the moment but I'm working on that.

</shameless copy-paste>

Looks great and it is nice to see new games for pandora but from your site it is not made clear if the 3d-update will add the bosses.

edit: graphics look nice and simple and if you add some nice effects it should look great (blocks exploding and that type of stuff)

Kyssäselkä said:
Looks great and it is nice to see new games for pandora but from your site it is not made clear if the 3d-update will add the bosses.

edit: graphics look nice and simple and if you add some nice effects it should look great (blocks exploding and that type of stuff)

Sorry I will update that. Yes the updated PND to be released later will make the game 3D and include the boss battles

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting, definitely looking forward to seeing how to actually play it (also how the bosses will play).
Though I can't say the 3D will definitely make it better, it looks more confusing and difficult to navigate :S

Anyway, good stuff, keep it up :)

I guess you used Penjin to make this? If so, I am even more curious to try it, haha :D

foxblock out

foxblock said:
Looks interesting, definitely looking forward to seeing how to actually play it (also how the bosses will play).
Though I can't say the 3D will definitely make it better, it looks more confusing and difficult to navigate :S

Anyway, good stuff, keep it up :)

I guess you used Penjin to make this? If so, I am even more curious to try it, haha :D

foxblock out

Yes the Pandora game is built on a modified, support for my data formats and such, version of Penjin. To address your worries about the 3D version, it will use the D-pad and buttons to swap blocks,
I've tried fiddling with mice and styli and D-Pad just works better with the 3D version. Also not finished yet but getting there, power-ups, boss creatures and play modes have still to be announced. There is someone trying to steal my game idea so I am trickling out as few details before launch as possible. Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
After finishing the beta Boss code I have decided that the Boss Battles will be completely cut from NEON. The playable battle lost focus of the game and did not give a coherent game play experience. The game will be released on all platforms as a gimmick free puzzle game with multiple play modes. This will give better platform parity between PC and Pandora.

The version of the game that will be released tomorrow will have some of the aspects of the boss battles integrated in to the main game. This will mainly manifest as Power-Ups that will have the same effect as the boss attacks, i.e. block shuffle, randomise etc. I feel that this, although a bad time to realise it, is a better direction for the game as a whole as it will allow it to establish itself based on game play rather than gimmicky boss fights. My sincerest apologies to those looking forward to the fights.

So to summarise. The PC game released tomorrow will have game play identical to the Pandora version. The only difference major difference will be the control system (PC - Keyboard/Mouse, Pandora - D-Pad, Buttons/Touch screen)

Back