Neogeo Is Now Working!

DaveC posted on Oct 19 2005 at 02:13 PM said:
Alpha2 posted on Oct 19 2005 at 03:16 AM said:
But the thing that I wonder is if it's an AVI file being played in a media player wouldnt all that tapping on buttings eventually do something like pull up a player menu? or maybe pause the video? the select and start are for stop and play it seems so one of the face buttons could easily be a fast foward, rewind or a even the GUI, skip or pause button if the FF and REW are on the shoulders...

Maybe he was just putting his fingers on the buttons but wasn't actually pressing them.
lol. don't be so ridiculous. He is clearly pressing the buttons.

Only devs have GP2Xs now. Now would a dev fake something like that in this way?

Its like you want it to be fake, and like you want it to be shit so you can have more reasons to complain.

What happened to giving people doing things for free the benefit of the doubt? Its not as if he is asking for money or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonic-NKT posted on Oct 19 2005 at 09:26 AM said:
and if you want to make a fake emu video, then he would have used a better framerate for sure ...

Maybe thats just what he wants you to think :blink:

I see no reason though why a dev. would fake a video like this though.

Last edited by a moderator:
but seeing a slow as emu and then you hear thats fake its not that a dissapointment as it would be running really well i think. (but thats not for every system, a psx,64 or pc emu would be cool if its slow or fast ;) )

I agree, I looked at the video a half dozen times just to see if he really was pressing the buttons and I have to say I believe he is, also think of how much work it would take for him to practice imitating the movements on screen with the control stick. The cuts in the video seem to be only for the sake of removing deaths.

Hey, did you hear the guy about mmap?

The thing that makes this effective for the neogeo is that is can read memory in chucks. It's not activly reading from the SD card. It copies to the internal ram as required. Which is similar to what the NeoGeo does.

When it loads a level, the neogeo ask for the GFX and sound form the relevant bin files as it does not read from teh CD while the game is playing. And remember the NeoGeo has 7 megabytes of ram. So this wont be too hard, even if inefficient.

Games were made to be loaded at once at each level, because the neogeoCD never had more then a 1 speed CD-ROM. So CD-Reading for anything other then CD-Music while gaming would have poor performance.

So I dont see the problem with emulating the memory controller with mmap. The only reason why PCs load the entire ROM at once, is because they can. Thats why games dont load between levels like the neogeo does.

Back