Need To Power Led Bar From Caanoo Board... But Where?

Le Chuck

Still Fresh
Greatings! For everybody who helped me get my caanoo to boot directly to a MAME rom many thanks!

I'm using a caanoo to build a dedicated 1:6 scale Star Wars arcade machine. It's going quite well and you can check the build thread on the BYOAC here.

Right now I am trying to figure out where I can leach between 3 and 5 volts from the caanoo mainboard to power the LED bar that will light the marquee. I have been poking around with my multi-meter but I am not having any luck so I thought I'd check to see if anybody can point me to some juicy leads (terrible pun and I apologize).

I'll take anything from pictures with arrows, to schematics, to even cryptic hints. Just to be clear though, I don't want to hook up directly to the battery becaues when the system turns on I want the LEDs to come on. I already tried hooking up to the battery LED on the board but I don't think it has the juice to get me lit... more testing is necessary and advice is welcome. Thanks everybody, I appreciate the input!

someoneElse said:
Is there any reason you can't take the 5v off the USB host port?

Nearly as I can tell that is not a powered port.

Last edited by a moderator:
Le Chuck said:

That's strange, as I've actually charged other devices off of it before, and does so now.

Do you have 'usb drive' turned on in the settings to enable the USB host?

someoneElse said:
Le Chuck said:

That's strange, as I've actually charged other devices off of it before, and does so now.

Do you have 'usb drive' turned on in the settings to enable the USB host?

Sure didn't :rolleyes: Everything is copacetic now. I appreciate the help. Glad is was such an easy fix. :D
I'm not embarrassed at all haha

Back