Need Some Up-to-date Info

all i've read is from a few months ago and so may have been fixed
this is what i need to know -

1) can i use 4 gb sd cards?
2) does snes emulator run at full speed?
3) which make of rechargable batteries to get?
4) im from the uk, should i buy from - www.gbax.com (£129) or www.lik-sang.com (£100)
the delivery costs may be different. how much would shipping from lik sang cost?
5) do ALL of the metal slug games run full speed?

thanks in advance
cant wait to get my gp2x, gonna kick ass

freddykreuger666 posted on May 27 2006 at 02:20 PM said:
all i've read is from a few months ago and so may have been fixed
this is what i need to know -

1) can i use 4 gb sd cards?
2) does snes emulator run at full speed?
3) which make of rechargable batteries to get?
4) im from the uk, should i buy from - www.gbax.com (£129) or www.lik-sang.com (£100)
the delivery costs may be different. how much would shipping from lik sang cost?
5) do ALL of the metal slug games run full speed?

thanks in advance
cant wait to get my gp2x, gonna kick ass

1) YES
2) Not quite just yet, it gets better all the time.
3) I hear good things from Ansmann, Energizer NiMH 2500mAh worked well for me personally.
4) gbax is unparralled for service, lik-sang is not so good, gbax would be my choice, postage on one RMA to HK will pay your difference. You can see shipping by using the check out and not paying.
5)Why? Do you need them too? I played Metal slug on the first emulator, it ran just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Yes
2. Some games, yes for most mario games. (and other simple ones)
3. Energizer are always good, I just bought some Energizer 2500 mAh. (get a higher mAh like 2500 or 2700)
4. don't know.
5. I downloaded them last night, but I'm a retard and don't know how to configure rom files for geneo.

I got the MKII about 3 days ago and it does indeed kick ass.

lintsniffer posted on May 27 2006 at 10:29 PM said:
I got a 4GB ADATA x150 from www.zipzoomfly.com for $90 shipped. I think thats around 33 pounds.
US$ 90 = 48.2263423 British pounds

^google "$90 in pounds"

Metal Slug for mame no, metal slug for gngeo2x, basically yes. Its basically full speed for me, except for the rare slowdown for a sec. Metal Slug 2, is 95% speed on gngeo2x, so its basically perfect. Plus, even in the arcade, ive gotten slowdown.

is there a definitive list where it shows a list of all the mame games that play on the gp2x?
or is there a year limit?

freddykreuger666 posted on May 28 2006 at 07:33 AM said:
thanks for the help
such a better community surrounding the gp2x then there is around the crappy psp

*blushes* Gee thx. :D :D

Seriously though I believe that there IS a "good" PSP community, I just can't find it for all "leet" teams of "haxorz" representin' the "P-shizzle" yo.

It probably doesn't help that Google has left us to pander to the money god and compete with M$, I can't find anything useful in the first 3 pages of results on something like a PSP.

Back