Need some good suggestions for a new mp3 player.

I've taken the Sansa clip with Samsung 64gb microSD and a Koss Porta Pro Headphones (someone on the boards recommended these) and this combination seems to be quite well.

The clip is much smaller than I thought it would be, which is good.

I noticed, that the 64gb microSD (after formatting it to Fat32) even works in my DSTWOSupercard, which is also only supposed to read up to 32gb cards. ^^

Edit: It does not recognize any folders on the microSD. Oo

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the standard firmware looks nice but does seem to cause some problems because of DRM stuff and/or 64gb compatibility.

After installing exFat drivers in my Linux and Rockbox on the SanDisc Clip+, everything works fine, although I have to turn the bass down a bit, because the Koss Headphones have a good but quite muffled sound and I haven't done any modifications on them yet (many people seem to widen the openings in the front part under the cushions to open the sound).

Normally I wouldn't buy stuff I have to modify that way, but there are no tiny alternatives and the quality is quite good thanks to ogg-support,

now I have to see how to create working playlists for it, because Rockbox does seem to support these on this device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back