Release Nean der taler (scene intro)

Farox

Certified Guru
Website
rbnet.it
Another port of a piece of art: Nean der taler coded in collaboration from Bypass and NonAlienNature-5, and presented at 'The party' 2000 into PC 64k intro section where it ranked 2nd.

Code : Macaw/Non Alien Nature 5 (rasmus@cromatics.dk)
Music : Prat/Bypass
Unix port : Marq/Fit (marq@iki.fi)

this intro is using X11 and OpenGL, libmikmod and GLUT library. The source is totally free to use and modify, so no license hassle.

Pandora port is based on the work by Marq/Fit (that ported this intro to linux) and running thanks to glshim.
Is a bit slower on some heavy scenes, plus if you run multiple times tend to freeze.
On my CC Pandora sometime freeze the video (but not the music) and some other times run regularly...i don't know why...maybe it's the SGX driver.
Sources included in PND.

Some links to check
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=1225

The video on youtube

here where i take the sources
http://ftp.kameli.net/pub/fit/ports/neandertaler.tar.gz

Since this intro doesn't have and end .... to exit press ESC (Fn+q)

Please test on your Pandora and let me know how it run.

hmm... never have seen this one. *grabbing pandora*...

Thanks for the port. I couldn't run it at first, and was going to report that here, but I couldn't remember which SGX driver I had installed. I ran Eki's Pandora Model Check, and that reported nothing for the SGX driver, which may mean I never got round to running the SGX driver updater after installing the OS the last time. I'm still currently running SZ 1.72 by the way.

So I decided to run Notaz's SGX driver updater, and installed the default driver for my 1GHz unit, because I couldn't remember offhand what the newest generally working version was. But on installing that, the demo started working.

Previously, it would open a window header and play music, but no graphics were shown. The pndrun.out file contained lots of errors due to it not being able to open an EGL display, I think it said, but now it runs fine, albeit quite slowly on some scenes.

I have the same behaviour on my CC Pandora, not everytime, but sometimes..and i don't know how to solve this. For this i have esitated to release this demo (i had compiled 3 weeks ago).
The only thing to do is reboot Pandora and retry. sorry.
Yes on some scene the fps is a bit too low...but don't have skills to try to optimize in code.
If someone have time to spend on this...please do and i'll add as a mantainer of this pnd.

Thanks for reporting.

Back