N64 ???

Nightwind0 said:
Not true, embedded software is still like that. I'm a professional embedded software engineer... we still worry about making things small and fast.
Then you get my praise

pandorama said:
I was about to post the exact same thing!!!

I will be playing loads of C64, SNES and Megadrive games, but would LOVE to know the realistic chances of the N64 being emulated well enough to play games as they should be played.

I'm not holding my breath though, if my P4 3Gig can't run perfect dark accurately, what chance has p&|a got?

My 1GB machine with Vista Premium on it is able to run Perfect Dark, Majora's Mask, Ocarina, Goldeneye, SSB, and Banjo Tooie perfectly, 100% FPS.
I use Project64 btw.

Anyways, I'm sure and hope that N64 will eventually be emulated perfectly on a Pandora; The Wii can't do it, the PSP is close, for most games, but considering its open-source, and can run Linux, AND has a larger community of more experienced devs, I think that an N64 emu on Pandora will hopefully undergo fast development. :)

PS. I like this forum; not full of kids like alot of other homebrew-related forums.

MartinStatic said:
pandorama said:

I will be playing loads of C64, SNES and Megadrive games, but would LOVE to know the realistic chances of the N64 being emulated well enough to play games as they should be played.

I'm not holding my breath though, if my P4 3Gig can't run perfect dark accurately, what chance has p&|a got?

My 1GB machine with Vista Premium on it is able to run Perfect Dark, Majora's Mask, Ocarina, Goldeneye, SSB, and Banjo Tooie perfectly, 100% FPS.
I use Project64 btw.

Anyways, I'm sure and hope that N64 will eventually be emulated perfectly on a Pandora; The Wii can't do it, the PSP is close, for most games, but considering its open-source, and can run Linux, AND has a larger community of more experienced devs, I think that an N64 emu on Pandora will hopefully undergo fast development. :)

PS. I like this forum; not full of kids like alot of other homebrew-related forums.

Of course Wii can handle full speed full everything N64 emulation, what do you call all those games in the virtual console shop under the N64 section! :lol:

Granted, its Nintendo's own emulator, but thats proof right there ;)

MDave said:
MartinStatic said:
pandorama said:

I use Project64 btw.

Of course Wii can handle full speed full everything N64 emulation, what do you call all those games in the virtual console shop under the N64 section! :lol:

Granted, its Nintendo's own emulator, but thats proof right there ;)

lol I was referring to Wii64, the N64 emu :D If we were going for official stuff, then we could talk about PSX games running on PSP.
Although yeah, you could inject N64 roms into a Virtual Console N64 game, which I did to have a full speed Super Smash Bros. :p

paddy said:
btw ,to the guy talking about the psp deadalus and how it is rubbish, plays two games very slowly
and all that - fuck you pal ,you have no idea how hard it is to develop an n64 emulator and you also
havent got a clue about psp obviously.

the current R12 revision of deadalus can play many n64 roms directly and those games run
at around 15-25-35 fps,games include golden eye-15fps lylatwars/starwing64 -20fps and other
games that run are mariokart64-45 fps pilotwings64 super smash bros ,mario64 and others.

the psp is a superb handheld and what has been coded for psp is pretty dam good in any book
the pandora would make this emulator the best thing out there,i hate the psp haters on here
and those who havent really got a clue.

btw - the psp has been running 333 for ages basicly since it was hacked,a long time and not
222 from when sony decided to release the 333 firmware update.

please remember deadalus is running at those fps with SOUND !

get it sorted out i wand strmn nrmn on the pandora team ,tho with comments like
some here ,i wouldnt blame him for saying no thanks.

Dude relax.

For starters I'm a hudge PSP fan. Like holding and playing it right now.
Limited japanese FFVII PSP. :p

I play with a lot of emulators on it: SNES, NES, SEGA, Gamegear, GBA, GBC, GB, ....
=> All run great

But it doesn't mather how much effort and time has been put in the N64 emulator for PSP.
in the end it sucks, and you can't deny it.

Saying it "sucks" is immature. It's limited by the hardware it's running on. You can look at it from your selfish "I want" point of view and say it sucks, or you can consider the mammoth amount of work that has gone into it and acknowledge that it's actually an impressive achievement.

Handy hint: Saying things suck won't get you far in this community. The software devs work for free; they deserve thanks, not criticism.

In my interpretation, he wasnt saying it sucks and it's a bad piece of software, i thought he was more referring to the quality of n64 emulation capable on the PSP sucked, in this case produced by daedalus, which it does.

and those games with FPS he posted... those were just straight up lies.

PoisonedV said:
In my interpretation, he wasnt saying it sucks and it's a bad piece of software, i thought he was more referring to the quality of n64 emulation capable on the PSP sucked, in this case produced by daedalus, which it does.

That's how I understood it, too.

-God Ginrai

ok ,i want you guys to let me know if you think this is a waste of time and also consider
its running on something slower than a Pandora - i have been into N64 emulation for 5 years
and its not called the holy grail of emulation for nothing - the fact that this emulator is
slow doesnt mean much,what counts is that it is currently running games without sound
and graphical glitches and this is not an easy thing to do and yes the speed is pretty good
with sound as well,bare in mind some games do have slight graphics glitches,it is after all
running on the psp gpu,not a standardised gpu.

does it get the thumbs up for a pandora port and continued work ?

mario64 - mario kart64
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FDncuuIwrmU

zelda 00t
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrii0TMdZ ... re=related

super smash bros
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w8zefAgiHS8 (with sound)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TPU436jdt ... re=related (without sound)

mario 64 - zelda mm - smash bros -banjo kazooie - lego racers -mario kart
-starfox - kirby - mario party - 007 -
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ajfy0trqS ... re=related

forsaken64 - multi racing championship - micromachines -astroids hyper -
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xE7o9gCVtVM

to say this is crap - waste of time ???????????????

PoisonV wrote .
(In my interpretation, he wasnt saying it sucks and it's a bad piece of software, i thought he was more referring to the quality of n64 emulation capable on the PSP sucked, in this case produced by daedalus, which it does.
and those games with FPS he posted... those were just straight up lies.)

no mate ,not lies at all ,i have r10 of deadalus running with those exact fps
to say i am a lier is simply stupid - what do i get out of lies ?
PoisonV do you look for forum posts just to pick out things and cause a lot of crap
by writing alot of crap ?

anyway ,those fps were without sound so if i said it was with sound that would
be my mistake not a lie.

paddy:

Some people will never belief anything unless they see it in front of them *hint* ;-)

You will always have people who will break other people's work down, until they see it themselves. And even then...

Some people seem to forget, that work on a platform, can result in benefits for another platform. Take the PSX, SNES, etc emulators on the GX2 series... The work done there, where some games did not run full speed, is now a bonus for us future Pandora users.

And who knows, the work done on the PSP N64 emulator, may result in full speed ( with sound ) on the Pandora ( what clearly has more power to spare then the PSP ) if its ported to the Pandora. So no, the work on the PSP N64 is not a wast of time. Just the PSP not being able to provide the needed power.

If somebody made a PS2 emulator for the Pandora. Of course its going to run like dog shit, but, that work may be useful to another platform in the future ( Pandora 2? :) ).

There IS merit in daedalus- of course, it's a n64 emulator on a low powered device, but you are acting like it is a full fledged N64 emulator. even those videos you posted, paddy, were still choppy and slows.

in the end, it doesn't matter which emulator pushes the constraints of its platform more- it matters which one works better.

stop misconstruing our words, please. thanks. :)

Back