N64 games don't work

Nothing special really. It should work with standard settings.

The problem is, that a part of the bottom of the screen is missing (the part with the actual podracer). It seems the picture is vertical stretched and the bottom part is offscreen. However, this is not done by my configuration, 'cause the title screen is displayed correctly ... Stering is somewhat hard without this part of the screen. Also sometimes graphics are missing (eg. pod and driver in the driver selection). On the other hand the speed of the game is fast enough. If these diplay problems can be corrected, it would be playable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe me evildragon got it to work,it wasn't like that at all,that's the same thing happens to me you can't see the pods,it stretched alot.

I'm getting responses from ed about this,he confirmed it works perfect.

ok ... i dove into it a little more and found a fix for the big problem. The screen distortion is caused by a faulty implementation of the MemoryPak. I found no menu item for this, so you have to do it manually. Go into the mupen64plus config folder (/media/card1/pandora/appdata/mupen64plus-r1/config/ for me) and open the file mupen64plus.conf. There you have to change "NoMemoryExpansion = false" into "NoMemoryExpansion = true". This diables the MemoryPak and StarWars Racer should display correctly. Some small errors like sound stutters and missing graphic elements (parts of the pod) remain.

Note, that by disabling the memorypak you will break some games which rely on this.

ok ... i dove into it a little more and found a fix for the big problem. The screen distortion is caused by a faulty implementation of the MemoryPak. I found no menu item for this, so you have to do it manually. Go into the mupen64plus config folder (/media/card1/pandora/appdata/mupen64plus-r1/config/ for me) and open the file mupen64plus.conf. There you have to change "NoMemoryExpansion = false" into "NoMemoryExpansion = true". This diables the MemoryPak and StarWars Racer should display correctly. Some small errors like sound stutters and missing graphic elements (parts of the pod) remain.

Note, that by disabling the memorypak you will break some games which rely on this.
when you do NoMemoryExpansion = true,does that stop saving games.

Can't anything done about missing parts.

Sorry, I don't know, as I play it on my UMPC.
Sorry to change the subject for just one quick question what umpc are you using?

i have a umpc which on paper is powerful as hell for a umpc (well was a year and a half ago) and when i check the system settings its claiming to have a 2ghz proccessor and 2gig ram. But it still stuggles with n64 emulation.

i was just wondering cause i might have to invest in a new one if they can now handel decent emulation.

It would be nice to have shadows of the empire working.It didn't work for me last time i tried. oh well

Starwars racer uses a set of matrix instructions that possibly aren't implemented in the Pandora plugin.

GBI2_MV_MATRIX is one of them, thats for the ground but the ground might work who knows.

from experience with Daedalus, fixing something can break something else.. its a Royal PITA.

Shadows of the Empire probably requires some boot code.

There's one game thats not known to work on Emulators because it uses its own instructions graphically. Indiana Jones.

Sorry, I don't know, as I play it on my UMPC.
Sorry to change the subject for just one quick question what umpc are you using?

i have a umpc which on paper is powerful as hell for a umpc (well was a year and a half ago) and when i check the system settings its claiming to have a 2ghz proccessor and 2gig ram. But it still stuggles with n64 emulation.

i was just wondering cause i might have to invest in a new one if they can now handel decent emulation.
lol, I mentioned it on the previous page of this thread. :p

Copying and pasting now...

I have the Samsung Q1 Ultra (Windows XP, 800Mhz processor, a 60GB HDD and has been upgraded to 2GB of RAM), but I'm still looking to buy (hopefully soon) the Samsung Q1 Ultra Premium (1.33Ghz processor, an 80GB HDD and would easily be capable of handling Windows 7 and an Android OS), so till then I won't be completely happy.

P.S. It does not struggle with N64 games at all and compatibility is 99% so far.

Can't wait to get my Samsung Q1 Ultra!!! B)

I don't like samsung q1 ultra look the size of the thing,it's massive.

Fujitsu uh900 is one of the best umpc i have liked plays most pc games and n64 emulation is good as my desktop pc.

Pandora n64 emulator is brilliant there's nothing wrong with it.

Plays most games fine as it will be updated the emulator will play more games and get faster,pandora is the real thing for playing games and umpc are not made for playing games they are working plus they don't have gaming controls.

There is one coming out, which is targeted for games and has keyboard,gaming controls,i heard that's going to good for games,it's made by korean company.

Yeah, I know that Korean one (probably vaporware now though), but the name of it slips my mind? I know it's not that ugly OCOSMOS thing.
It wasn't ugly but it looked for playing games,now there is another one for targeted for games razor switch blade,it looks good but again it's 7" not pocketable need hand bag or rucksack to carry around.

Pandora is the coolest pocketable plays most n64 games without any problem.

Please enough about umpc,this thread is strictly for pandora only,if you want to talk about umpc go to off topic,thank you.

Ok, sorry about that. I just love my UMPC and MID devices. :D

Back on topic...

icon.png

Back