N64 Emulater Trouble

cormac

Still Fresh
i have got 3 n64 emulators and i have tried wipeout 64 and monster truck madness and they both dont work on all of the emulators i dont know whats wrong

if you have a n64 emulator could you tell me the name of it so i can try it out

the emulators i have are:
blade64
nemu
all of them dont work! :(

triksR4rabits posted on Jul 12 2006 at 11:08 PM said:
project 64? not sure if it will work b/c I never tried those games, but p64 is an excellent n64 emu

also, Corn is a good one; great for slower computers

i tried it (corn) but it didnt work i dont think

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a real n64 and "Monster Truck Madness" isn't really worth playing... Beetle Adventure Racing is another story. Good luck on your quest.

darkman posted on Jul 14 2006 at 09:33 AM said:
Try unzipping your roms.

im not that stupid.
when i load them up they flicker and then stop.
on one of them i tried monster truck madness and i just got really bad picture (i.e. i could only see the outline of the trucks) and it isnt my monitor!

derka-street posted on Jul 14 2006 at 10:54 PM said:
Try unzipping your roms.

im not that stupid.
on one of them i tried monster truck madness and i just got really bad picture (i.e. i could only see the outline of the trucks) and it isnt my monitor!
You have got textures on right?

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 13 2006 at 08:41 AM said:
You have the system bios? I think that's required to get it running.......

Is that a serious comment?

derka-street posted on Jul 14 2006 at 04:54 PM said:
Try unzipping your roms.

im not that stupid.

stupid?
I've got a N64 emu and that is the only way that it will run the roms!

edit: I'm using Project64.

darkman posted on Jul 15 2006 at 03:44 AM said:

wait- by unzipping them? I leave them zipped and have had no issues; I actually thought you were supposed to keep them zipped in p64... :huh:

anyway, while on the subject, are there any other good n64 emu's out there? I've only tried p64 (and corn baaaack in the day), but a bunch of games have been screwy; some will force me to exit the emu do to graphical glitches (ex. starfox 64).

edit- typos..

triksR4rabits posted on Jul 15 2006 at 01:02 PM said:

wait- by unzipping them? I leave them zipped and have had no issues; I actually thought you were supposed to keep them zipped in p64... :huh:

anyway, while on the subject, are there any other good n64 emu's out there? I've only tried p64 (and corn baaaack in the day), but a bunch of games have been screwy; some will force me to exit the emu do to graphical glitches (ex. starfox 64).
Mupen64 is a great emulator. And by great, I mean it's the only advanced linux emulator, so it must be great! ;) Ultra/SupraHLE are also old classics, along with NEMU.... go to Zophar's and check them all out. http://zophar.net/

triksR4rabits posted on Jul 15 2006 at 12:02 PM said:

edit- typos..

Mine must be very out dated. I really don't use it much. I usually pull out my N64 whenever I am in the mood rather than play on the computer.

I use 1964 with Rice's 6.1.1 beta 10 graphics plugin. Wipeout 64 plays perfectly using this setup. I'm yet to try Monster Truck Madness, but it sounds as though it's a problem with your graphics plugin.

I really hate the way all of the N64 emulators (and many of the PSX emulators) are plugin based. It just leads to confusion and makes the emulator programmers look lazy. Having said that, Rice's latest plugin version is great as it lets you reskin your games to make them have hi-resolution graphics. You can download a few reskin packs @ http://www.emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=110.

maybe if have old shitty computer wont work so good.

i remember tried it on my first 366mhz celeron and ran like crap dont think most games even worked..

need at least 1.5ghz cpu for most games to be full speed with Pj64, otherwise dont even bother using it.

Who doesnt have a cpu over 2ghz these days anyway? <_<

Shadow of Chaos posted on Jul 18 2006 at 06:40 AM said:
Who doesnt have a cpu over 2ghz these days anyway? <_<
I don't <_< And I still get fullspeed 1280x960 n64 emulation w/o sound on my p3.

Javacat posted on Jul 18 2006 at 11:33 AM said:
I use 1964 with Rice's 6.1.1 beta 10 graphics plugin. Wipeout 64 plays perfectly using this setup. I'm yet to try Monster Truck Madness, but it sounds as though it's a problem with your graphics plugin.

I really hate the way all of the N64 emulators (and many of the PSX emulators) are plugin based. It just leads to confusion and makes the emulator programmers look lazy. Having said that, Rice's latest plugin version is great as it lets you reskin your games to make them have hi-resolution graphics. You can download a few reskin packs @ http://www.emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=110.

i downloaded that and unzipped it into the plugins folder but when i go to change the plugin it doesnt have the option to change it to rices
any suggestions?

Oops, I was at work when I posted that and couldn't check what I had been saying :p. You first need to install version 6.1.0c, and then over write RiceVideo.dll with the version from Beta 10. Also, don't forget to put BMGlib.dll in the same folder as the 1969 executable.

Javacat posted on Jul 18 2006 at 07:48 PM said:
Oops at I was at work when I posted that and couldn't check what I had been saying :p. You first need to install version 6.1.0c, and then over write RiceVideo.dll with the version from Beta 10. Also, don't forget to put BMGlib.dll in the same folder as the 1969 executable.

nope, that didnt work either :(
i think i will give up on this and maybe get a new n64 console off of ebay. Oh well....

Back