N-gage On The Pandora

chad78

Website
Visit site
I know, the N-Gage console was one of the biggest jokes and failures in the gaming world. But they (Nokia) isn't giving up yet with a new N-Gage branded gaming platform for cell phones. So, I have three questions.

1. Do any emus/ROMs exist for the N-Gage console, and if so - can they be ported to the Pandora?
  2. What about the (current/up-coming?) N-Gage platform? Can that be used on the Pandora?
  3. What about other mobile phone games? I know they aren't the same as PSX games, but some can be fun!
</puts on my asbestos suit>

chad78 said:
I know, the N-Gage console was one of the biggest jokes and failures in the gaming world. But they (Nokia) isn't giving up yet with a new N-Gage branded gaming platform for cell phones. So, I have three questions.
  1. Do any emus/ROMs exist for the N-Gage console, and if so - can they be ported to the Pandora?
  2. What about the (current/up-coming?) N-Gage platform? Can that be used on the Pandora?
  3. What about other mobile phone games? I know they aren't the same as PSX games, but some can be fun!
</puts on my asbestos suit>
Porting ROMs without source code is not practical, even if the instruction set is compatible.

For emulating the old N-Gage platform, I offer you the same thing I offered in this thread:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=41165&hl=

I think emulation is the only really safe bet here, but emulation requires information about the platforms being emulated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there even an N-Gage emulator that could be ported? If it doesn't exist, that would mean one would need to be written from scratch, which is very time consuming and difficult.

It's possible, but don't hold your breath.

AFAIK the cpu is ARM so the emulator shouldn't have to emulate the CPU, 'just' virtualise the symbian environment.

The n-gage system has been adapted to run on most recent nokia phones right? Is that support for all the existing games etc.?

teggun said:
The n-gage system has been adapted to run on most recent nokia phones right? Is that support for all the existing games etc.?
No. The new N-Gage is just a DRM platform, you can't use it to play the old games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back