N-gage Emulator?

satanic virus

Website
Visit site
Most people are quick to slag off the N-Gage, but having owned the 2 models there were actually a small number of great games, and many ok to crap games. I think most people who had an N-Gage would probably agree with this? (Maybe not! :p)

There is a distinct lack of PC emulators for the N-Gage (that play commercial games) - is this just because it was not that popular?

Not being a coder I am not sure whether N-Gage emulation would be possible on Pandora but given the specs I would have thought so.

Is there any interest in developing an N-Gage emulator when Pandora is released? If so, I would be happy to give €50 towards a bounty so long as Pathway to Glory was fully playable!!

atomicthumbs said:
If you had read his post you would know 'y'.

If demand for it is high enough, it will problably happen. I seriously doubt we'll see many people asking for this though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'd appreciate it, I must admit. The main reason I disliked the nGage at the time was the horribly sized screen for gameplay, but some of the games on it looked interesting.

I did hear at one stage, though, that basically it just used Java for everything, hence why you could run many nGage games on other phones within a couple of weeks of it's arrival. I certainly remember one of my school friends playing the nGage tomb raider on a completely different (and, iirc, non-Nokia) phone at one stage - although the phones could simply have shared the same 3D hardware if there was any, I suppose.

Interesting, I guess. Let's see if someone wants to...

In the mean time go scrounge up docs for prospective emu authors.

Good Point, N-Gage commercial games are based on symbian OS 6, which mean we have to emulate the Symbian OS first, then we'll just load every N-gage games onto SDcard :)
Other games are based on Java (J2ME) and linux OS supporting this, So I think it's not impossible to have java games in our GP2X / Pandora.

Complete N-gage official games = huge file sizes, eat up to 1,5GB on my 2GB MMC.
Other Java games = Soo tiny, and has a lot of good games were released.
2000+ phone java games on GP2X... why not? :D

Ahua_Keren said:
Good Point, N-Gage commercial games are based on symbian OS 6, which mean we have to emulate the Symbian OS first, then we'll just load every N-gage games onto SDcard :)
Other games are based on Java (J2ME) and linux OS supporting this, So I think it's not impossible to have java games in our GP2X / Pandora.

Complete N-gage official games = huge file sizes, eat up to 1,5GB on my 2GB MMC.
Other Java games = Soo tiny, and has a lot of good games were released.
2000+ phone java games on GP2X... why not? :D
No way, emulate the thing at a low level, that sounds much easier than doing a high level Symbian emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back