Mystery Of The Fday Reveiled

Seraptin

Staff member
Website
Visit site
as you can see on the mainpage, the mystery of the fDay has been reveiled.

lets start the diskussion :D

13 Emulators released on 1 day :) + 32/64MB ram support ! if thats no reason to get the upgrade :)

this day will be one of the happiest days for my gp32 :) he will work like hes never worked before :)

YAYAYAYAY...

I kiss you.

Perhaps its best for me that f-day is delayed, i have exams soon and i would be constantly on my GP!

Thanks Rlyeh for all the hard work!!

does it mean delayed to afew months from now or from a few months ago?
Sounds cool though!!

Hmm... we've seen/heard of fMSX32, fZX32, fCOL32, fGEN32, fSMS32, fGB32, fCPC32, fMAME32, fNES32, fNGP32, fPCE32 and fWS32. That adds up to twelve. So what is the elusive 13th emu that he is releasing? I'm hoping fSNES32 :D

auto frameskip...NNOOOOOOOOO, the best thing Reesy did was get rid of autoframeskip on DRMD, i hope these emus won't have the same choppiness effect that DRMD had with autoframeskip or at least there is an option to make the frameskip whatever you want it to be.

Rlyeh: Gloops! I hope to not skip any of them! fZX32, fMSX32, fNES32, fGB32, fSMS32, fGEN32, fWS32, fMAME32, fPCE32, fCOL32, fCPC32 and fNGP32 (sigh!) I'm not including some dropped private ports, like two old mame sources I ported, a previous fGEN32 source based on Generator emulator, a mame based neogeo emulator (fNG32) (sadly gp32 had no ram enough to load the smallest neogeo rom), and fSNES which never displayed any interesting thing.

quote from hookas interview with rlyeh :)

read the whole interview here: http://www3.telus.net/public/hooka/rlyeh.html

so... number 13 could be a snes or a neogeo emu...
then the ram mod support would be very usefull.. for the all other systems together there arent more than a 20 games or so that would not fit in the ram.
hehe a neogeo emu, then i would have to do the ram mod :)

hehe me2 :)
i wanted to do the ram mod long ago since i`m a little bit experienced with soldering and such things. But i have no money for a second gp32 and the ram was to expensive ;)

but for Neogeo emulation on the gp32... i would do everything xD

feddon posted on May 5 2005 at 03:33 PM said:
does it mean delayed to afew months from now or from a few months ago?
Sounds cool though!!

I don't know. It is still a long way off though it seems. I wish they could be released one at a time as then maybe a few would come sooner. It is his thing so we will wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seraptin posted on May 5 2005 at 03:07 PM said:

lets start the diskussion :D

13 Emulators released on 1 day :) + 32/64MB ram support ! if thats no reason to get the upgrade :)

this day will be one of the happiest days for my gp32 :) he will work like hes never worked before :)

I wonder why it would use the RAM upgrade? I don't know of any of those emus that need more RAM. Does anyone actually HAVE a RAM upgrade, or is it even available?

I hope you won't NEED a RAM upgrade for anything as I don't think too many have it.

the only ones that would need more ram would be SNES, only a handful of games though, i'm not sure about Neo Geo, i can't imagine all of them are more than 4mb but probably quite a few, and MAME if it supports like early 90's mid 90's games. Which if it would support X-Men then it would be well worth it to me to get the upgrade just to play this game on the go.

DaveC posted on May 5 2005 at 06:48 PM said:
Seraptin posted on May 5 2005 at 03:07 PM said:

lets start the diskussion  :D

this day will be one of the happiest days  for my gp32 :) he will work like hes never worked before :)

I wonder why it would use the RAM upgrade? I don't know of any of those emus that need more RAM. Does anyone actually HAVE a RAM upgrade, or is it even available?

I hope you won't NEED a RAM upgrade for anything as I don't think too many have it.

Read post 13 in this tread of Rlyeh`s quote by Seraptin.

Ram upgrade @ Cobbleware.com, A DIY service, And as far as i know, Rob and one, Maybe two other people have actually done the ram upgrade mod.

Trooper

This is gonna be great!!!

I will have to buy yet another smc card! (bough another one this week for scumm! :D ) Am I the only one who has trouble deleting what I already have on there?

I don't wanna get get too hung up on the 13th emu, just happy with what we know already!

:D

Back