My Very Personal Flu Kit...

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
ok, about a week ago i won an auction on ebay for some 3.8" lcds from compaq ipaqs(3600 for the curious..). before bidding i checked the data sheet on the lcd and it said it used a front light, not backlight...hmmmm PERFECT.

The lcds arrived today and i started hacking away. several of the front lights have deep scratches and can't be used, only one is good enough :(

later on i will be replacing the flourescent bulb with 2 white leds so it won't be a power hog.

and there is NO way i can make kits or do this for people, there is no way of getting more busted lcds or just the lights, sorry for getting peoples hopes up :(

i would post pics if i had webspace...

[finger]get some friends and stop being a posting whore you Son Of a Bitch. i know quite a bit about electronics, i'm not a newbie posting whore like youself, look what member # i am you piece of crap[/finger]

#$@^#&$*@ you :wub:

just for you:
finger.jpg

oh, and learn how to spell, dumbass..

blipped4 posted on Feb 16 2004 at 10:53 PM said:
White leds (3.55mm) use at least 1.5v and the gp32 uses 6v of power i think,I dought it will work.
wtf???

2 x 1.5v does not equal 6v

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, these boards seem to have become a bit acrimonious lately.

Like my mother always said, if you haven't got something nice to say, don't say anything at all :D

:rolleyes: awww come on...

lets stay on topic, that being the FLU not that blipped is an asshat ;)

these things are awsome, i can't wait until i'm done!!!

if anyone has ANY webspace the could donate for, like 1-2 megs of pics that would rock my socks off!

PS: i WONT sell these

hmm this is a good idea. my friend recently broke his clie (went wading while it was in his pocket) i wonder whether that would be the right size. anyone know?

depends on what model, if its the ARM model then MAYBE usually any lcd from a windows handheld should work.

the clie uses a 3.2 lcd if memory serves... not big emough.

on a side not i have 1 lcd that isn't cracked, just a little scratched, i think i might get a busted ipaq and put that in it...hmmm

ok, an update on the porgress of things:

i am pretty sure of where i will be putting the fron light, i just need to find sum white leds (damn joo radio shack...) and i should be good to go

i have several pictures taken with the frontlight in (sortof..) the gp32, just waiting for trooper to send me his email :unsure:

Back