My pandora handle

frefol

I finally finished my handle for my pandora. It took a couple months because I was shaping it with hand files a little at a time. I played Tetris DX to test how comfortable it was since I can play that game for hours. It took many times playing and reshaping it. I was originally going to paint it black but found some silver paint close to the pandora color.

IMG_20130120_144724.jpgIMG_20130120_144749.jpgIMG_20130120_144836.jpgIMG_20130120_162557.JPG

Very nice!.What is your handle made of?.Do you plan to build (and sell) more?.It would be a great pandora accesory.

Very cool, great to dock into for long gaming sessions at home.

From comments I seen in other posts from some people finding the Pandora corners a little uncomfortable after long usage ... I'd imagine this would be a good thing to make/sell as an accessory

Unfortunately it looks like the paint does wear off a little.  I was thinking of spraying a bit of clear on it so that the paint wouldn't wear any more.  I made the handle with a piece of masonite with strips of MDF wood glued on it.  I am considering trying to make a mould with it to make one out of plastic, but I have never done that so I don't know how well it will work. 

The biggest problem with the design right now is that I forgot to make a hole for the stylus.  I think I will drill a hole in the handle part and move the stylus or something.  I also have an idea for some trigger buttons that would push L2 and R2 on the pandora, when I add them.  I have a handle for my PS Vita called the trigger grip that has levers to move the buttons down.  I am going to try to copy that design, or I will mount the buttons on the handle and add some sort of plug to wire them into the pandora, while still being able to remove the handle.

Looks cool. If you put shoulder buttons on it would be even better :)

Looks good, but It seems not so pocketable... anyway if you can make it empty, maybe you can put some accessories in it, like a usb hub, a short otg usb cable, some SD and hearphones

I use a carry case anyway so I am not concerned if it is no longer pocketable. If I ever do make a plastic mould I was thinking of what I could put inside it.

You could potentially make an entire dock out of it, extra battery, extra usb, Like you said L2 R2, Serial port, Ethernet, Parallel Port, TV Out, Laser Beam Port, Ice Cream Machine Module. All sorts of cool stuff.

Frefol,coool Work.

Can you share the 3 Printer Files for us?

Saw that Thread over Google ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff, what did you make it out of?

Would love to see an official version of this for Pyra. :)

I made it out of wood.  It took quite a while and a few modifications until it was comfortable to hold for long times.

I'm pretty sure I do.  I'll check tomorrow when I get on my PC.

I've been toying the idea of making something like this and 3D printing it, only If my 3D CAD skills were a little better... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you could leave space for storage, as PowerGod said above, long ago.

Back