My Completed RetroCade imame4all Micro sized cab

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Jut finished building my RetroCade 8" tall micro size mame (imame4all) cab built using a hacked wiimote for wireless bluetooth conection to the controls, 6mm mdf , my own designed artwork , micro buttons and joystick , imame4all and my wife's ipod touch.

Think of it as the icade equivalent for your iphone/ipod touch/mame4all running android phone

Check it out below and let me know what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pd99SmcnwqA?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, wow, that is SO cute, and clearly thoughtfully-designed.

I love not only the fact that you included itty-bitty coin-slots, but that they actually serve a purpose! That is quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen on a mini-sized cabinet in this vein.

How does this cabinet fare for horizontal games, or is that a project for another day? :p

(Also, is that one of those mini-sized wooden Donkey Kong cabinet models I see back there? :D )

EDIT: You know, someone should make a slightly bigger mini-cabinet for docking a Pandora into.

@Prometheus

Yes the horizontal game thing is something I forgot to mention in the vid, I knew people would ask (lol). Basically imame4all does a pretty reasonable job scaling horizontal games to fit the whole screen. I was initially going to fit tiny brackets that swung out from inside the cab that could hold the iphone/ipod in a horizontal fashion. But after fiddling with the imame4all settings, the scale to fit full screen seem to work well enough for me not to warrant it. The brackets can still be added however.

The Donkey Kong in the background is actually one of those paper arcade jobs you can print off and then just simply fold and glue. If you haven't seen them google "Paper arcade", there's heaps to choose from.

@Prometheus

Yes the horizontal game thing is something I forgot to mention in the vid, I knew people would ask (lol). Basically imame4all does a pretty reasonable job scaling horizontal games to fit the whole screen. I was initially going to fit tiny brackets that swung out from inside the cab that could hold the iphone/ipod in a horizontal fashion. But after fiddling with the imame4all settings, the scale to fit full screen seem to work well enough for me not to warrant it. The brackets can still be added however.
Hah, neat. I would have expected it to be necessary to rotate the device for that. The bracket idea's pretty cool, nonetheless, even if it turned out to be unnecessary in the end.

The Donkey Kong in the background is actually one of those paper arcade jobs you can print off and then just simply fold and glue. If you haven't seen them google "Paper arcade", there's heaps to choose from.
Ooh, thanks for that. :D Should be fun!

Wow, this is really cute!

I like the idea with the coinslots, too.

Keep up the fanatstic work! Would love to see more of your projects :)

Looks nice!

Is that a Coolermaster Elite case in the back? Looks like you have the cooler cowl on, you should take it off, all it does is make the noise get out easier and it tends to block airflow and increase CPU temps, rather then decrease it.

@Darkknight512

Thats scary, I have had this computer for a number of years and yes it is a Coolermaster Elite. The last few days I have been noticing the cowl and wondering about the dust that seems to attach to the inside of it and how I should do something about it. And then you see it and mention it , talk about coincidence.

you should add a silicone face-like cheek to one of its side just so one can pinch it out of cuteness

Back