My Atari Lynx Arrived Today!

Twinbee

Tales From The Big Room
Website
Visit site
After playing on the GP32 version of Handy, I decided there and then that I had to buy an Atari Lynx. So I did. :)

It arrived this morning. It's a bit tatty, and there's a bit of dirt under the screen, but the baby still works perfectly and I got it with 4 games. S.T.U.N. Runner, Chips Challenge, Kung Food and California Games. :)

I've spent all morning playing S.T.U.N Runner. What a conversion!

I'm also planning on buying Roadblasters today on ebay.

What other games could you all recommend I search for?

here are the games that i have

Gates of Zendicon: good
Kung Food: horrible
Cyberball 2021: ok if you have patience
Steel Talons: good
Chips Challenge: very good
Xybots: good
Super Skweek: good
Hydra: good, especially if you like roadblaster, it's almost the same thing

My personal faves are Pacland, Rampart, Lemmings and Joust (all almost perfect conversions).

I would also recommend, APB, Battlezone 2000, Ms Pacman, Qix, Robotron and Xenophobe (again, all extremely good conversions).

Scrapyard dog is good and an original (as far as I know).

Alpine Games (which has only recently been released) is supposed to be awesome, but I haven't got it yet.

Steer clear of Double Dragon, Gordo 106 and Batman...

There are some links on my web page here:
http://www.zaonce.com/video_games/lynx.shtml

Klax on the Lynx is the best version around. I actually had to stop myself from playing it at one point because I was losing entire weekends.

Avoid Hard Drivin at all costs. It's worse than the Spectrum version which is REALLY saying something.

Go here for everything you ever wanted to know: AtariAge

J(ohn)

Waiting on Xybots, Roadblasters, and Klax. Xybots and Roadblasters i've won and should be coming tomorrow, my bid on Klax hasn't ended yet but it's at £1.50, result!

Rygar was suprisingly good, probably the best side scroller on the Lynx, but since the great emu came out for the GP32, i've been addicted to Shanghai.

EDIT: woot, just won a copy of Roadblasters off ebay for 99cents. Can't wait, this is one of my all time fav games,

Back