Multiple PCBs at once.

With this pace, I have very high hope of Pyra release this Christmas (2014) ;)
Sounds like it's time to start taking preorders :p

I have hopes too for a xmas release, but there wont be pre orders this time.

ED stated in the past he wont accept orders until the Pyra is ready to roll off the production bench.

This to prevents the waiting line debacle that the Pandora had

Last edited by a moderator:

ED stated in the past he wont accept orders until the Pyra is ready to roll off the production bench.

I think there was some possibility of preorders, but only to fund the first production batch (after the designs and manufacturing arrangements are complete)

I think there was some possibility of preorders, but only to fund the first production batch (after the designs and manufacturing arrangements are complete)
if so, i better make sure to be in it :D

I was actually joking :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

if so, i better make sure to be in it :D
Me too.

There will definately be preorders btw.

Ed has stated that numerous times.

He wont hit the mass production button until everything is perfect though.

I think the prototype costs nearly 40 k alone, so imagine how much production would cost.

But it seems the release date is getting closer and closer

I believe the prototyping costs so much simply because of the number of different revisions and the amount of tweaking they need to do to perfectly harmonize and bring together all of the separate aspects.

What do you guys think the initial production run will cost?

And the number of first run Pyras?

RANDOM NUUUUUUMBERS!!!!!

.5 Mil for an initial run of 1000 ^_­^

The Pyra is not the sort of product that is sold as a loss leader, so the initial production run will cost the unit cost less profit times number of units.

So in your example, the unit cost would be in excess of 5000 ;)

The Pyra is not the sort of product that is sold as a loss leader, so the initial production run will cost the unit cost less profit times number of units.

So in your example, the unit cost would be in excess of 5000 ;)
may i ask where you are getting the other 4500 from? 

deadofmind has a decimal point in front of the 5 therefore i am assuming he is speculating 500,000 cost for 1000 units which is only 500 each.

A question to EvilDragon, will theheadset port be with 4 poles? It would be very useful since pratically every headset have also a remote control for play/pause... or taking a call. It's a must have if there isn't issues with the switch.

I'm not ED, but the answer to this one is known, as ED has talked about the four poles being switchable to support both apple and older-style headsets. Thus there will be four poles, as three pole jacks are completely standard. It's not clear yet whether buttons on such headsets will also be supported, as that's more of a software question.

Thanks. Indeed I was misled by another site and I already noticed that standards is 3 poles. I was wondering if it is a software question.

From what I understand these switches usually work by shorting the mic line to ground (or one of the lines to ground).

Phones detect this and map it as a button press. Not sure if Pyra will detect this also.

Not quite. They use various pull down resistors, different values for each button. This is how different button presses can be identified :p

A short can be considered a 0 ohm resistor. :p

Back