Mp3s On Sd

ketchupgun

Website
www.theimponderables.com
Please excuse if this is posted in the wrong section (or forum for that matter?!?!)

but what's people's recommendations for SD compatible MP3 players?

I'm going to be doing alot of snowboarding this winter and I don't want to have my GP2X in my pocket, lest I fall...so I was hoping I could find a nice cheap little MP3 player that runs of SD cards...so I can just throw all the music that is on my gp2x card onto that, stick it in my pocket and go riding...and if I fall and break it, who cares).

thx for your help and patience everyone
t.

id be worried about it breaking (as its already broke..)

CONDITION: This item is used.

TEST RESULTS: This player does not power on.

WARRANTY: NO, DOA warranty does not apply to this item. Sold AS-IS. Please read the terms.

INCLUDED WITH THIS AUCTION: Player ONLY.

yeah - i've had few of them over the last couple of years.

unfortunately you get what you pay for. all of them have been around the £15 mark and all have lasted maybe 6-12 months.

seems like a better way of doing it than spending £50-60 on one from a reputable manufacturer.

for longest lasting just get a cheap chinese/taiwanese one with no screen and no features except shuffle ( cause a lot of em dont have memory of which track they were on, same order every time? snoresville ) . that'd be my advice.

also, be aware that a lot of em dont support folders.

for longest lasting just get a cheap chinese/taiwanese one with no screen and no features except shuffle ( cause a lot of em dont have memory of which track they were on, same order every time? snoresville ) . that'd be my advice.

yeah...sounds great

any suggestions on sites...I check LEDshopped..where the famous $3 USB reader is from (and it works great) but LED doesn't have MP3 players.

anyone know any chinese twainese online retailers for this sorta stuff?
(awaits massive influx of posts ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno where to look for stateside stuff ( i use froogle.co.uk in UK and get like 20 options ) but what about summat like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EIY9A...TF8&seller=

I have two of these
first one is a 512Mb one - gave that to the other half when I got the 1Gb version
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...k&doy=15m11

it's about the size of a tic-tac box - and I have dropped mine a few times.
1Gb on board does most of my routine needs
up to 2Gb SD card (of which I have a few for my cam, camcorder and GP2x)
acts as a card reader + mass storage device (seems slow for usb2)
builtin FM radio is handy too
has SRS sound which I think beats the GP2x for quality
takes 1xAAA battery, so I normally use rechargeables or buy extra alkalines at the
airport when I'm on a trip. I hate units that force you to use proprietary batteries cos they alway run
out when you are somewhere you cant recharge them.
sleep timer is cool too, so you know it'll switch off if you are dozing.

con:
does not resume to the last point of listening
it will start up at the beginning of the last track you were listening to
which is fine for songs, but tedious for hour long podcasts.

otherwise, this is one of those units where you'd buy another if it broke.
I bought the 512Mb in the states (Circuit city) and the 1Gb back in the UK.

I would never buy an iPod.
I bought the gp2x instead of a PSP as well.
I like flexability in my gadgets.

ID

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it isn't exactly what you were asking for but you can buy mp3 players that are basically usb sticks very very cheaply. And at least then you don't have to worry about breaking your sd card.

Back