Mp3 Question

smanky

Still Fresh
I read in the faq that it can do 128/192, but how do they sound through headphones? Near cd quality? Less?

[edit - also, how many hours of divx movie can be fit on a 128mb card?)

ok thanks. I bought the gba movie player and was a bit disappointed with it's mp3 playback.... sounds like it was compressed to like 32kbps, lol. Is the gp32 better than that? The gameboy movie player is good for video though, so I wouldn't care about that for the gp32, I'm just curious.

If I got a gp32, it'd be for emu and mp3s, maybe some of the actual gp32 games.

I use my gp32 to play mp3's through a tape adapter in my friends vehicles, works real good if you ask me, but sometimes the gp32 speakers can be a little annoying. You also have choices on mp3 players now which is a good thing as the one originally in the firmware is kinda iffy with alot of mp3's. If you want an equaliser I think GPMP 0.5 has one (in gp32 utilities under media players as media player 0.5)

The enhanced resolution of the gp32 and the size of the screen may change your opinion about the movie thing though.

the mp3 quality is really pretty good, except for the aforementioned bass issue. omega5's new version of wma player available here seems to deliver the best quality at the moment. my opinion anyway.

thanks for the opinions :) I haven't bought one yet, just looking into the possibility. I'll keep in mind what you all have said.

128kbps mp3 is nearly cd quality, but i would prefere ogg, its much better at same size.
you can easy fit <2h on 128mb

If you stay off to volume the Bass is there and its at the right level for no eq. It just fails when you push it 2 far if you stay in the middle range of volume its reall aceptable for running into another device or using some good headphones

Uhm doesnt the base depend on the earphones/headphones?

And yes lets not forget to mention the equalizer, so I dont know how people can say it has bad base when it depends mostly on how good quality earphones/headphones are?

The earphones/headphones make the the base not the gp32 <_<

that's true but i've tested it with the same mp3 file and same headphones on a couple different devices and there is a noticeable difference in the eq with the gp32.

I think the earphone/headphones make a huge difference. A $5 earphone and a $50 headphpme are not going to sound the same. I tried different things and better earphone/headphones make a a difference. B)

Back