Virtual Dub settings file

deanollive posted on Dec 1 2003 at 05:22 PM said:
So, I hoping that after I give you the .vcf you will understand what varibles effect what. If not then I'll keep helping you till you can encode better than me, then I'll be asking for the favours lol
I have just send you my email by PM :) I hope you get it :)

and of course I want to learn which kind of variables effect what, so you're welcome for this :)

and I'm not on Xbox Live :p

Last edited by a moderator:
still trying to suss out the encoding options last night but not much good results, looking forward to the vcf's to shed some light on it.

- so, if you have a high-action video you should use higher frame rate and lower quality (higher compression)

- and a low action or animated video can use a lower frame rate but a lower compression

how does this sound? is my theory correct?

I think the video codec options is where it loses me totally because there are so many values you can change....

deanolive; you should have my correct email PM, look forward to hearing from you (no hurry of course) :)

frolik.

right, sorry bout the wait i was ill yesterday. I will have them posted off to you guys by the end of today (Wednesday 3rd Dec)

Hope there ok

Dean

No problems Dean :)
I wish you feel better now & u recover totaly :)

Thanks Tidus, im fine now thanks and working away on those settings your after

Check your inbox soon

C3

Right, Im just gonna send you a couple today to keep you going.
1 is for tv episodes (will work fine for low action movies)
2 is for anime (whatever cartoon anime you have these settings will work)

And, Saracen I received your email but there was no address for yourself so i havent sent the .VCFs your way yet, but post your mail or pm it to me and I will send them accross, ps your beast will love encoding lol

Please feel free to request more specific settings ie: Higher quality sound, less space etc etc I wont take offence as everyone has their own unique viewing preferences.....

I'm going to spend a bit of time looking at the XVID and 2 pass encoding method if anyone has links to any info on these subject, blast em up here so I can get to grips with it asap!

I hope there OK, remember if not post and I'll sort it as Im quite bored at the Mo

C
Dean ;o)

nice one deano, I'll give those a try when I recieve them. I was thinking about doing some tv series anyway so that'll be cool.

thanks for your efforts, I'm sure someone will want to host them if you make a few commonly used ones, gp32x, gp32world, gp32exg ?? See what happens eh

cheers :p

Guys there in your inbox NOW!

Please give as much detailed feedback as possible so I can see If I can cater for your needs..

Its about time I helped some people, this site helped me understand GP32 so its only fair to put something back

Hope you like them, if not cuss me and I'll get back to work

also the episode one is bloody crisp

Dean

1 thing with the episode vcf if your not converting via a dvd rip then just change the audio to source rather than avi

dean

Thanks alot Dean :) I got them now ;p and I'm already trying the "anime" one ;) Count on me to give you more feedback soon ;) and really thank you very much already for having done so much work to help us :)

concerning the second one when I try to open this then it gimme an error message like this :
Cannot open : "C:\....\Shield_S1_D1\VIDEO_TS\ShieldGP AC3 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps 44.1KHz.wav" : file not found "

??? have you ever met this?? one codec is missing maybe???

thanks again anyway :)

hummm Dean , can you explain me what does it mean & how to solve it when I got the following error message "Error initializing audio stream compression : the requested conversion is not possible" ?? thanks :)

thanks heaps for the files.

sorry to bombard you here - I see tidus is having problems also. But when I load your vcf's it doesn't pickup the video compression codec, I have divx 4.12 installed but maybe it is a different version to yours.

do you have a link to the same divx codec you are using so I can try that?

tidus, im guessing that the movie your enciding is not a dvd rip... No worries, just select audio, and click source, and full processing mode that should sort it out ok

frolik im looking at your prob now

:eek:)

I wonder if it has anything to do with the version of VDub that you use, I think I'm using 1.5.4 but I could be wrong as I'm not at home to check at the moment.

Can you let me know which version you use?

ta

I'll try it tonight, should be able to find that version on the sourceforge site. I'm also going to try the divx codec from entwares site, even though it seems the same as the one I'm using.

someone posted the vdub 1.4.7 so im gonna do a few .vcfs for that 2, nect week - 2 pass encoding experiments :eek:)

dean

Had a quick go at encoding in XVID but wasnt impressed with my first effort. If there is anything in particular that must be done differently to DivX then please let me know. If not no wrries Im sure I'll figure it out soon

cheers

C3

hey dean hows it going?

I've been tinkering with your vcfs and finally worked out what is going on, I had to modify this line

VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(0x34787664,0,10000,0);

to

VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(0x78766964,0,10000,0);

I guess it's just the codec identifier so now it's picked up all your settings and is encoding with your settings fine.

Thanks for the help, I'll let you know how it all goes ;)

cheers

frolik

Back