SCUMMVM sound question

iainjh

Still Fresh
Hi all

This may be painfully obvious :) , or I just have some misinformation.. please help!

I have original Day of the Tentacle and Sam n Max CD's *"Virgin white label" versions) and would like to run them on SCUMMVM with sound.

As well as SCUMMVM I've copied over the SAMNMAX.001 & SAMNMAX.002 files, ditto for DOTT.

I currently use a 64mb smartmedia card, though will have a 128Mb card within the week.

I'm sure I read somewhere GP32 SCUMMVM ran DOTT with sound! If so, how do I fit the 256mb "monster.sou" file onto a 128mb card?? what I am doing wrong? also:

which of the GP32 SCUMMVM games have sound?

What files should I be installing?

Is the max card mb limit for GP32 128Mb?

Anyone got a link to a GP32 SCUMMVM FAQ?

TIA Iain :rolleyes:

There exists a Disk Version of SamnMax and DOTT as well, which has only talkie at the beginning and sound effects in the game.
These versions have a monster.sou with about 10 MB, which fits on an SMC.

AFAIK all games have sounds in GP32, except Loom VGA, because the sound is a CD Audio Track.

For the real ScummVM it is possible to compress the monster.sou with MP3, making it much smaller (fitting on an SMC), but this hasn't been implemented (yet!) in GP32 scumm.
But it has been announced :))

cheers! I should have remembered... I had the floppy version years ago, then forgot the limited audio that it had.

SCUMMVM for GP32 is still decidely cool tho' !

iain

Back