Moving PNDs from the archive to the Repo

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I'm currently moving PNDs that were not available on the repo yet from the File Archive to the repo.

If I find the original author as registered user in the repo, I'll make him the maintainer.
If you find a PND where you're the author and you either want to have it removed from the repo or want to become maintainer, let me know here.

Many PNDs need some fixing of the PXML files, which I'll do as well.
It'll take some time, so I'll release them in smaller numbers.

I'll always update this thread with the new uploads.
Let me know if a PND doesn't work, I don't test them all :)

Uploaded so far:

Eat the Whistle
E-02 Engine
Clonk Planet
Chuckie Egg
Exaile
FreeCol
FreeSCI
GPL Arcade Volleyball
Groove
ioQuake2
CMUS Install
KDiff3
Letterfalls3
Mutt
NESEmu
Numpty Physics
OMMPC
OpenGlad

Uploaded 2015-12-31:

OpenJazz
OpenLieroX
OpenPirates
ACM Flight Simulator
Ur-Quan-Master
Pandora Net Puzzle
Pac Dude Hero 2
Pocket Volleyball
PrBoom
P-UAE
Push Over
qBittorrent
Ri-Li

Last edited:
Very nice, was about time. :) The old archive is almost forgotten I guess but it still has alot of stuff, the repo hasn't (yet).

Other files can remain in the file archive only, which should be accessible from these boards soon (or maybe it already is, I just can't guess where it is at present).

Also, woo Chuckie Egg! I'll have to test it to see if how it runs, and if it's closer to the spectrum or BBC micro versions (i.e. can you jump through the caged bird on level 4?).

Just watch out for Python software, noticed that the old bubbros pnd you can extract and run just fine, but the pnd itself won't...

Perhaps remove Groove. It has not worked for a few years. The Maemo project on which it is based has been abandoned, and someone would need to update to match the new Grooveshark API.

Perhaps remove Groove. It has not worked for a few years. The Maemo project on which it is based has been abandoned, and someone would need to update to match the new Grooveshark API.

Thanks for the info, will do that :)

I realize this effort is 'work in progress'. One I've played a lot that isn't in the repo is the port of Vulture's Eye for Nethack. Just asking that it be added to the future list if it wasn't already there. I'm looking forward to that one on the Pyra too.

For those unfamiliar with Nethack, think of it as a giant puzzle with random events.

So that's now five versions of The Ur-Quan Masters on the repo?

Thanks for the rest though (and perhaps also for The Ur-Quan Masters, I've not played any versions of that yet, so I don't know if this version is an improvement).

Thanks ED but my version of PushOver is outdated, and i never uploaded to repo because there is a better port done by Zx-81
If i find time i could update the port to recent revision (now there is 0.05 version).

Back