Movielink Questions

T

Tempus

This doesn't seem to have been covered recently, from what I can find. Apologies if it has.

Does MovieLink produce GPCinema compatible files or is it just my set up?

I'd like to store 20/30min episodes at around 20mb per file. I can encode and watch files I've encoded but they are 40+mb and upwards. If anyone knows how to compress the filesize down, please share the know-how!

Tempus

again personal preference here. btw use VD 1.4.7

Video->Fliters->Add->Filter resize: 320x176 precise bilinear
Video->Framerate->Decimate by 3
Video->Compression->DivX 4.12->Bitrate: 100 k, 1-pass

Audio->Conversion->11025hz
Audio->Compression->MP3 16/24kbit/sec 16000Hz mono 2/3k

I can get an average movie down to ~60mb with these

I'm gonna have a go at that in a second. If you don't mind me asking, are you encoding from mpegs, avi's or vobs?

After lots of tinkering with all sorts of different settings, I can only ever seem to encode my divx's to around 200mb and upwards. I'm using all your settings, nothing different. Divx 4.12, bitrate 100, audio rate 11,000khz, mp3 20kbit, resize 320x176...

I am absolutely gutted that I can't encode my divx movies to this amazing console.

Does MovieLink only produce files that are compatible with MoviePark? GPCinema won't play anything I encode with MovieLink.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Tempus

Tempus posted on Feb 28 2004 at 11:11 AM said:
After lots of tinkering with all sorts of different settings, I can only ever seem to encode my divx's to around 200mb and upwards. I'm using all your settings, nothing different. Divx 4.12, bitrate 100, audio rate 11,000khz, mp3 20kbit, resize 320x176...

I am absolutely gutted that I can't encode my divx movies to this amazing console.

Does MovieLink only produce files that are compatible with MoviePark? GPCinema won't play anything I encode with MovieLink.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Tempus
dont be gutted mate.it takes practise to get good settings.i encoded a 700mb jonny english to 90 mb and it was perfect.i cant remember wat settings tohguh....

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't at first, but I am now after following your advice

Update

Got the files working with xvid codec but the picture is all blocky and pixellated :(

Bitrate 100, unsure of the frame rate settings in the xvid codec. This site I referenced wasn't *THAT* helpful for a n00b.

Can anyone elaborate on these settings?

Back