Movie/music Player Lockup Issue, Fw 1.4 Related?

I don't think this is an SD card issue. I think this is a software problem, because I have never encountered freezing (minus battery deaths) in MPlayer, because I have always used my 1 GB Kingston. Yet a little while after I install 1.4.0, it started. I'd say it happens for me every 1 hour of video play.

Hi
I have have exactly the same prob,

So i put the Mplayer from firmware 1.0.1 instead of the one from 1.4.0.
First i loosed the power safe option (save, normal or full switch), then i'll tell you
if it freeze or not.

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

So,

I tested it and it seems to work,no more freeze (i ran a 30min video), then i made a little archive with mplayer from firmware 1.0.1, a script for installation, a script to remove it and a script to run it.

This will not remove your actual mplayer this will just add another mplayer, so don't worry you will still be able to use the mplayer from firmware 1.4.0.

you can get the archive here

with the cpu tweaker i tried to set the speed to 100Mhz, but i don't know if it works once mplayer101 is launched, so if someone could tell me. ;) edited:-----> Tested and it works.! :)

bye

Hi,

I did more test this morning.I have one bad new and one good.

First bad, even with my trick, mplayer has finally froze. :(
The good one is mplayer from firmware 1.4.0 is not the source of the freeze.

I was taking the fact for true that some people who launched mplayer in full or normal mode had the same problems, but i remembered when i launched for the first time Mplayer101 it was @full speed and not @100Mhz, and it did not froze after 30 min, whereas this morning it froze after ~10-15min @100Mhz. :(

I relaunched just after the 1.4.0 mplayer @normal speed, and i did not encountered any prob after 20 min.
The test time was a little bit short so i'll test longer later, but the problem could be the underclocking. <_<
If not, it could more problematic. :(

Has it has no effect, i'll remove the Mplayer101 archive from download.

Bye

I have a new unit with Fw 1.4 already installed.

I have the problem of the getting stuck at video loading screen

I discovered something

My video plays if its a single pass divx movie

if its a 2pass or more movie it hangs at the loading screen.

this is my experience and I hope it helps someone. if your video is stuck at the loading screen try to re-encode it using a single pass and see if it plays it then.

I'm having this problem with 1.4 also. Just wanted to add my noise to the hubbub.

Seems to happen with any file after between 8-15 minutes video, and after almost exactly one hour of music. Is there a memory leak in there or something?

2 gig SD card, 160x speed.

I've never had any problems before I upgraded to 1.4... 1.01 rocks

This is a 1.4 issue.

My problem is that the video stops, not freeze, and when I press "Y" the videomenu pops down but it's useless.

So, now I have FW 2.0 and video stops with this firmware too. :( Do you have the same experience?
This problem is pretty annoying, because you have to restart gp2x and play video again. :((

Back