Move Over Pandora It's A Sony

R.B said:
R.B said:
What a shit the seller is pulling out of the sale and afterI bought a SSD and Battery and 16GB memory card for it, what a wimp to much trouble to post to me in Australia I think it is only an excuse because he has found out he can get twice as much for it then he sold it to me for $350, seeing I have bought the accessories and I can't afford to buy another one $700 to $1400 what am I to do?

:angry: :angry: :angry:

What a FUCK AN ARSE HOLE I had to give him an extra $50 forthe effort to post it to Australia I all ready paid $60 for postage I hatedealing with people in the US at least I am still getting it (I hope)

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

He has refunded all my money and that is that( BASTARED )

it is defiantly off and now to sell the new battery and SSD32GB drive plus a SONY pro hg duo hx high speed 16GB Memory Stick, I am not going to sell them here at gp32x.de

Sorry all for being a pain

:( :( :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity said:
Looks like I was closest then at 4-6 days ;)

I wish you were wrong but you might get another chance I am looking for another one I hope I have better luck getting the next one
:( :( :( :( :(

dude the sony ux is good and all but a sweet netbook would be better...~$300 US get a acer AO522, gets respectable fps on slightly older fps games and racing games...check out my youtube channel here youtube.i konw the ux has a 4.5' screen and a smaller form factor but this netbook wont disappoint!

monstercameron said:
dude the sony ux is good and all but a sweet netbook would be better...~$300 US get a acer AO522, gets respectable fps on slightly older fps games and racing games...check out my youtube channel here youtube.i konw the ux has a 4.5' screen and a smaller form factor but this netbook wont disappoint!

I need it to be hand held

there are a few options...Viliv n5 $600-700 4.8" clamshell atom z-series, umid bz $400-600 4.8" clamshell atom z-series, veiwsonic viewpad 10 $600 10" tablet n-series atom and the acer w500 $500 10" tablet amd c50 fusion processor!

monstercameron said:
there are a few options...Viliv n5 $600-700 4.8" clamshell atom z-series, umid bz $400-600 4.8" clamshell atom z-series, veiwsonic viewpad 10 $600 10" tablet n-series atom and the acer w500 $500 10" tablet amd c50 fusion processor!

They all look good but they would be hard to convert intohand held game console with game pad butthe SONY UX380N no problem

R.B said:
monstercameron said:

They all look good but they would be hard to convert intohand held game console with game pad butthe SONY UX380N no problem

dude
1. just remap the keys on the clamshell models
2. just us a small usb gamepad like the Genius MaxFire Pandora Pro, mini USB PC gamepad and attach when needed to play on the tablets...The W500 is your best choice!

monstercameron said:
R.B said:
monstercameron said:

dude
1. just remap the keys on the clamshell models
2. just us a small usb gamepad like the Genius MaxFire Pandora Pro, mini USB PC gamepad and attach when needed to play on the tablets...The W500 is your best choice!

Now you have got me interested

Heh - RB is registered at EAB's forums and is selling his new console:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=60154

(Edit: He's now found a way to make it work, so not for sale! Didn't take him long though!)

Glad he got it running, now he's made a mock-up of his new "handheld":

Amigasony-vgn-ux17gp_1.jpg

Good god, that thing looks really portable. Apparently plays amiga games via WinUAE, but quite a lot of frameskipping. RedBaron should make this his hobby - he's comedy gold (and clueless to boot)!

He's apparently built the thing:

I just made a tempore mounting plate and mounted the UX380N and SONY game controller and tested it out it works fine but, FORGET IT MILES TO HEAVEY and won't be able to hold it long, it would be good for weight training I had to go back to the original controller I was going to use

D.

Dunny said:

http://eab.abime.net...ead.php?t=60154

(Edit: He's now found a way to make it work, so not for sale! Didn't take him long though!)

Good god, that thing looks really portable. Apparently plays amiga games via WinUAE, but quite a lot of frameskipping. RedBaron should make this his hobby - he's comedy gold (and clueless to boot)!

I just made a tempore mounting plate and mounted the UX380N and SONY game controller and tested it out it works fine but, FORGET IT MILES TO HEAVEY and won't be able to hold it long, it would be good for weight training I had to go back to the original controller I was going to use

D.

BullShit you don't know what you are talking about, have you actuallytried it I have and its actually much faster than a Pandora

R.B said:
Dunny said:

D.

BullShit you don't know what you are talking about, have you actuallytried it I have and its actually much faster than a Pandora

Quoted just in case RedBaron edits.

SONY said:
R.B said:
Dunny said:

D.

:-D

Actually, I have tried one and to be honest, it's not really a usable PC and an even worse gaming device. Aside from the abysmal controls and keyboard, the screen is really slow at updating (it's quite old, after all - older than the Pandora). Putting Vista on one of these results in a slideshow when CPU-intensive tasks are attempted, and although better it's the same story with XP. It's all very well having an intel CPU in there, but getting things to run at a reasonable speed (and being able to see what's going on when the screen blurs something terrible) is a real challenge. Of course, RB's tried WinUAE and found it slow, which really demonstrates that he has no idea what to run on this thing, let alone what it's capable of.

Full marks for addressing the control problems by attaching... a Sony PS3 controller! As I said before, this fails even harder now because it's too heavy to game with for long, and is no longer pocketable.

I can see an ebay auction on the horizon :)

D.

Dunny said:
SONY said:
R.B said:
Dunny said:

D.

:-D

Actually, I have tried one and to be honest, it's not really a usable PC and an even worse gaming device. Aside from the abysmal controls and keyboard, the screen is really slow at updating (it's quite old, after all - older than the Pandora). Putting Vista on one of these results in a slideshow when CPU-intensive tasks are attempted, and although better it's the same story with XP. It's all very well having an intel CPU in there, but getting things to run at a reasonable speed (and being able to see what's going on when the screen blurs something terrible) is a real challenge. Of course, RB's tried WinUAE and found it slow, which really demonstrates that he has no idea what to run on this thing, let alone what it's capable of.

Full marks for addressing the control problems by attaching... a Sony PS3 controller! As I said before, this fails even harder now because it's too heavy to game with for long, and is no longer pocketable.

I can see an ebay auction on the horizon :)

D.
This is very interesting I am no having the problems youhave mentioned other than the small controller buttons I never had problemswith WINUAE there is no fram skip at all the problem I had was a mechanical problemmounting the joystick but I got a RAM cradle to fix that

Ok I have tested it out again, Win XP SP3 with WinUAE2320 OS3.5, 3.1 Kickstart, 1200 AGA emulation and the game Fire and Ice CD32 WHDL I use this game because you can tell if it's not up to speed in the intro by the sound it totally brakes up total shit

And I have to say it's Perfect so I have no idea why when you try it out it's is so bad?

(naw)mcx said:

I decided to do the same thing I found another video which shows how it was mounted, believe me when I say it was a very bad hack job, they destroyed the Sony UX case and the controller but it works have a look you will see it towards the end of the video
http://www.youtube.c....embedded#at=46

Mine is a lot different that it does not modify or hack the Sony UX or controller
I will keep you posted, all the parts have been ordered and just waiting for them to arrive then make some parts and then put it together
I just installed an 32GB SSD and windows XP loads in less than20 seconds after the VAIO screen, defiantly not slow

Back