Motorcycles

Ganepark32 said:
Seems to me Goity that you are the one who is releasing a lot of carbon with these comebacks of yours. Point of order, shut it unless you have anything nice to say. It's my choice not to use the motor-trike I was given and it's my choice to give a damn about the world we live in. It's also my choice to not have to put up with that incessant blathering of yours.
Fine, if you really care about the environment you can at least throw away that computer you're sitting at.

Last edited by a moderator:
One computer doesn't change the world. It takes many to cause a problem. If I was to throw my computer away it wouldn't make a difference as people such as yourself would still insist on sitting their fat behinds in front of a monitor for hours on end. However, I'm not going to go much farther than that as it seems to me that you are an arrogant little s.hit who obviously doesn't care about the environment that he is living in. Remember people, we don't own the world. We are merely renting it for the duration of our stay. Don't spend it being like Goity. Make a difference.

Ganepark32 said:
One computer doesn't change the world. It takes many to cause a problem. If I was to throw my computer away it wouldn't make a difference as people such as yourself would still insist on sitting their fat behinds in front of a monitor for hours on end. However, I'm not going to go much farther than that as it seems to me that you are an arrogant little s.hit who obviously doesn't care about the environment that he is living in. Remember people, we don't own the world. We are merely renting it for the duration of our stay. Don't spend it being like Goity. Make a difference.
Well actually, I help the environment too. I don't use my computer for one day a year. I am just trying to limit the pain that we are causing to the Earth, and other self-righteous and unfounded bullshit. Of course, I couldn't possibly spend that day on my computer, because that little extra would completely destroy the world and Nazis would ride dinosaurs again. Never mind the fact that by choosing not to ride said motor-trike it means that you need lifts all the time using cars that consume much more fuel than a trike, you're green and I believe you. Honest.
One computer doesn't change the world, but one trike does? Wow, that makes total sense. No wait, isn't that just the tiniest bit hypocritical? Or is it just that chucking away your computer would be too much to save the planet, but inconveniencing people and actually using more CO2 is a good idea?

I never said that throwing away one trike would change the world. Me not choosing to use it definitely won't change anything. I know. For no person not using something, many more will take it up. Many of my friends have now began the search for their first car. And I have said to them to leave it and just walk/cycle/use public transport because the tiniest difference can be helpful.

On the subject of getting lifts, I never take one. If I have to go somewhere, I make my own way there be it through walking or on the bus. The buses up here where I live in scotland are expensive but I would rather use them than get a lit in a car. But that said, if more people grouped together in a car instead of taking their own cars, you are lowering carbon emissions. Yes cars would use more fuel than the trike but I'm guessing by the number plate on the trike thats it's over 10 years old which would mean that cars nowadays would use about the same amount of fuel as the trike.

One another subject, who is with me in saying that this whole Live Earth Concert thing is a waste of time? I mean its supposed to be spreading awareness for saving the planet but it'll just fall on death's ear with the politicians just like Live 8. on't get me wrong, its a good idea to help get people to change their ways but from some of the people who have been interviewed and spoken to, they are just there for the music and don't really care about changing anything.

Ganepark32 said:
One another subject, who is with me in saying that this whole Live Earth Concert thing is a waste of time? I mean its supposed to be spreading awareness for saving the planet but it'll just fall on death's ear with the politicians just like Live 8. on't get me wrong, its a good idea to help get people to change their ways but from some of the people who have been interviewed and spoken to, they are just there for the music and don't really care about changing anything.
I agree that this won't have any effect. But the people that don't care are presumably the people they are trying to target. Fruitlessly, of course.

I ride a Stevens X - 4
x4menlh1.jpg

EDIT: Lol confused X3 with X4...

Ganepark32 said:
I never said that throwing away one trike would change the world. Me not choosing to use it definitely won't change anything. I know. For no person not using something, many more will take it up. Many of my friends have now began the search for their first car. And I have said to them to leave it and just walk/cycle/use public transport because the tiniest difference can be helpful.

On the subject of getting lifts, I never take one. If I have to go somewhere, I make my own way there be it through walking or on the bus. The buses up here where I live in scotland are expensive but I would rather use them than get a lit in a car. But that said, if more people grouped together in a car instead of taking their own cars, you are lowering carbon emissions. Yes cars would use more fuel than the trike but I'm guessing by the number plate on the trike thats it's over 10 years old which would mean that cars nowadays would use about the same amount of fuel as the trike.

Actually, the trike is probably as good fuel wise as taking the bus, and better than any car. Other than that, yeah, wasting millions of pounds on private jets and electricity to throw some dumb concert to fight global warming is hypocritical and a complete waste of time.

Ha. I read yesterday that the Live Earth concerts have been found to be responsible for 31,500 tonnes of CO2 being released. Really helping to save the planet there.

Ganepark32 said:
Ha. I read yesterday that the Live Earth concerts have been found to be responsible for 31,500 tonnes of CO2 being released. Really helping to save the planet there.
Like I'm sure if it had not been for the concert they would have just completely vanished leaving no carbon trace of any kind.

trooper said:
sam fisher said:
OMars said:
Nova said:
Amen.

I jog ;)

To all: Everywhere ?.

Trooper

No, but most of what I need is a few blocks away from my house. There is a small grocery store, a gas station (in case of a need to refill the car, can't everywhere) , a fire department, a pharmacy, a dentist, a video and game rental store, a Chinese restaurant (you know that a person must have chinese at least once a month :p ), a pizza place, and a mexican/american fast food restaurant. There are also great bike routes in Nebraska, if anybody wants to move here.............please. No, just kidding, but there is a lack of "peoples". In fact, cattle outnumber humans in Nebraska. Although, there are more than enough annoying neighbors near my house.

[/random rant about my neighborhood and state]

Ganepark32 said:

Trade it in for an electric bike then.

http://www.electriccyclery.com/catalog/bio...75ebc96c6872948

Buy a solar panel and then charge for free.

DaveC said:
Ganepark32 said:

Trade it in for an electric bike then.

http://www.electriccyclery.com/catalog/bio...75ebc96c6872948

Buy a solar panel and then charge for free.

That´s about as cool as a segway <_< Nah, i rather get to my destination a little sweaty than on an overpriced bike designed for old fogeys. :p

I could just see it now. Breaking down on a motorway, someone pulls over and asks if you need help only to be told, 'No. Everything's fine. Ran out of juice. Just charging my bike up.' I may be interested in an electric bike but Im going to wait until the prices go down.

Electric bikes are only for lamers and old people. They´re the same as electric wheelchairs, only the healthy people who use them have different handicaps, like mushiness and no sense of style.

Back