Legal Classical Music

kknd_cf

La vieille dame et les pigeons
Website
Visit site
My Dad hates me downloading mp3s because of recent legal battles with little kids downloading one mp3 and getting their parents evicted etc...
Anyway, my preffered taste is clasical music. Sadly unlike old novels it's not ok to own after seventy years because it's performed by newer orchestras who need money, rightfully so. I was just wondering if you knew of any sites with people that are willing to let people download the music.

Thanks in advance

-Tom

kknd_cf posted on Feb 15 2005 at 04:40 PM said:
My Dad hates me downloading mp3s because of recent legal battles with little kids downloading one mp3 and getting their parents evicted etc...
Anyway, my preffered taste is clasical music. Sadly unlike old novels it's not ok to own after seventy years because it's performed by newer orchestras who need money, rightfully so. I was just wondering if you knew of any sites with people that are willing to let people download the music.

Thanks in advance

-Tom

How about Midis. Lots of people arrange Midis and put them on the net for free. Some are awful but others are really quite good. Not as good as the real thing but nevertheless a skilled Midi artist can produce quite impressive results. I was listening to Vivaldi this afternoon in midi format and it's pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
BaDToaD posted on Feb 15 2005 at 04:53 PM said:
kknd_cf posted on Feb 15 2005 at 04:40 PM said:

Thanks in advance

-Tom

How about Midis. Lots of people arrange Midis and put them on the net for free. Some are awful but others are really quite good. Not as good as the real thing but nevertheless a skilled Midi artist can produce quite impressive results. I was listening to Vivaldi this afternoon in midi format and it's pretty good.
I'll give it a go. I guess classical would be quite well done in midi format.

EDIT: IT's ok, but in some parts, OW my ears!

sam fisher posted on Feb 15 2005 at 06:39 PM said:
where is this people being evicted if so then alot of people in my school could be arrested!
It was in the US I think, the police (or some law organisation) went round making random examples. Apparently it's starting soon in the UK.

sam fisher posted on Feb 15 2005 at 11:33 PM said:
He's too fuckign smart. Wait till he gets into boast mode!
You haven't seen the half of it.
Be Scared, Be VERY Scared

i personally dont think you have anything to worry about, as with my expeince alot of teenagers have a computer or a family computer, and not much moneyso will download tracks,, most people in my college(not me :p )(about90% of people is most) download music on a regular basis, so i would actually like to see a firm sue everykid in my college . it aint happeinin

i wouldn't have such a flippant attitude if i were you.

at the moment its due to the fact that it is the MPAA and the RIAA handling the lawsuits that not much has happened this side of the atlantic, however as soon as the EU gets round to publishing some new legislation, i'm sure many of us will be screwed.

BaDToaD posted on Feb 16 2005 at 02:53 AM said:

Dude, that is a truly horrible idea, I like my electronic music but classical midi's ??!

I just went to a cheapo cd shop actually and you can pick up like 6 cd boxes of classical music for AU$10 (around 3pound 80), obviously there are many different performances that you would have to pay real money for, but they are modern releases anyway so distributing them would definately be illegal.

but MIDI's?!!! They're just for computer games and a bit of fun....

frolik posted on Feb 16 2005 at 03:32 AM said:
BaDToaD posted on Feb 16 2005 at 02:53 AM said:

Dude, that is a truly horrible idea, I like my electronic music but classical midi's ??!

I just went to a cheapo cd shop actually and you can pick up like 6 cd boxes of classical music for AU$10 (around 3pound 80), obviously there are many different performances that you would have to pay real money for, but they are modern releases anyway so distributing them would definately be illegal.

but MIDI's?!!! They're just for computer games and a bit of fun....

the frolikmeister's got a good point there. just head on down to your nearest decent-sized record shop. they'll probably have a 6-cd box set for like, a fiver, or something...

but...but...but...

kazaa9gs.png

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Back