MonoGame?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
I want to play Stardew Valley on my Pandora and Pyra, it uses MonoGame. Can this run? It runs on my laptop with "mono StardewValley.exe.
[doublepost=1471586466,1471582944][/doublepost]So if I try to run it using the Mono Runtime PND, it does this:
Code:
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Nested exception trying to figure out what went wrong

But if I run it from the full Code Blocks PND it does this:
Code:
Please use SDL 2.0.5 or higher.
X11_GL_LoadLibrary(0x50c1c0, (null))
LIBGL: Initialising glshim
libGL egl backend: libEGL.so
libGL: built on Oct 22 2015 21:48:58
LIBGL: Current folder is:/media/1/Stardew Valley
WSEGL_InitialiseDisplay: DRI2OpenConnection failed
Unable to initialize EGL display.
ERROR: EGL Error detected: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED (0x3001)
X11_GL_LoadLibrary(0x50c1c0, (null))
Unable to make GL context current
Unable to make GL context current
glXGetProcAddress: glEnableVertexAttribArray not found.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Nested exception trying to figure out what went wrong

It uses OpenGL, you will need to use glshim for OpenGL to OpenGLES translation, and then hope it supports all the features needed to play the game.

Put
Code:
LIBGL_FB=1
before mono and it may go farther. Also try to use latest beta of codeblocks for updated libs.

It uses OpenGL, you will need to use glshim for OpenGL to OpenGLES translation, and then hope it supports all the features needed to play the game.
I guess I figured SDL would abstract that out and the game would use ES via that. Guess not. XD

Any chance of this working on the Pyra perhaps?

I guess I figured SDL would abstract that out and the game would use ES via that. Guess not. XD

Any chance of this working on the Pyra perhaps?
Well I believe what ptitseb shared enables glshim. The Pyra will have the similar GLES limitations, just better performance.

Put
Code:
LIBGL_FB=1
before mono and it may go farther. Also try to use latest beta of codeblocks for updated libs.
Putting that in front gives a different set of errors:
Code:
Please use SDL 2.0.5 or higher.
X11_GL_LoadLibrary(0x53ec70, (null))
LIBGL: Initialising glshim
libGL egl backend: libEGL.so
libGL: built on Oct 22 2015 21:48:58
libGL: framebuffer output enabled
LIBGL: Current folder is:/media/1/Stardew Valley
X11_GL_LoadLibrary(0x53ec70, (null))
glXGetProcAddress: glEnableVertexAttribArray not found.

I think maybe glshim is missing
glEnableVertexAttribArray.

The funny thing is, the game's system requirements say it needs only OpenGL 2. Doesn't GLShim fully implement OpenGL 2 already? I thought it was 3 and above that didn't work.
[doublepost=1471612481,1471612435][/doublepost]
Well I believe what ptitseb shared enables glshim. The Pyra will have the similar GLES limitations, just better performance.
Is there a way to software render OpenGL 2?

The funny thing is, the game's system requirements say it needs only OpenGL 2. Doesn't GLShim fully implement OpenGL 2 already? I thought it was 3 and above that didn't work.
No glshim is only an OpenGL1.x implementation.

No glshim is only an OpenGL1.x implementation.
Oh I see! Well, is there any plans to expand it? If not, is there any way to use Mesa to make the game use software rendering? It's simple graphically, on the Pyra at least I imagine it would be playable.

Back