Money Orders From Usa

htl2001

Still Fresh
sorry if this has been asked before, but I only found people mentioning using money orders in posts so far and not how to use them...

I looked and I don't see the UK on the list of places that can get money orders from the post office, so I need to find where to get one from. I need somewhere that can take a CC as payment...

You can buy a money order from the post office, or a bank and simply mail it to them. You dont need to send it by any type of direct post office transmission.

Can I know exactly what I should ask for? Because I just asked my post office before, and they said international transfers cannot be done at all (I know thats wrong now) so I'd rather not ask them any questions, I'd like to know exactly what I ask for etc.....

Please make the cheque/money order payable to: OPENPANDORA LTD

Postal Address:

26 MEADOW ROAD
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
TYNE & WEAR
NE157LP
UK

Please include a brief note with your original order number

Confirmation via email will be sent when we receive your cheque/money order.

Kind regards and thanks again for your continued support.

Jacquelyn

I got my money order last monday from washington mutual here in the states. You have to be a bank member, and the mo was free. You can't even buy one unless you have an account. I shipped it out tuesday by UPS international express saver for a cost of $45, and it arrived at Openpandora today. My order was confirmed and processed as payed for! As far as I know, a money order is a money order. I got mine in US funds, and never asked the bank if it could be cashed in the UK. I really didn't care. That wasn't a part of the reorder email. Openpandora just says send them a check or money order for your refunded CC amount, and in your native currency, and they would pay on there end to get it cash and/or converted. I hope this helps.

Jumpman

alright, I'll get one from the post office then and mail it. I am not a member of WU so I can't do that, but the PO one only has a $1.05 fee to it so no big deal

I got one from the post office, in US funds for the amount I was refunded (not an international money order either) and including the cost to mail it to them I paid maybe $1 on top of my reorder.

Though I wasn't too sure it would be ok so I had asked them to send me an email when they got it and if it was fine and got my confirmation much sooner then I expected.

Also, I was worried that it would be lost in the mail or some such but wasn't thinking too well so I sent it in a regular envelope with no insurance.

Hope yours goes well

jumpman said:
I got my money order last monday from washington mutual here in the states. You have to be a bank member, and the mo was free. You can't even buy one unless you have an account. I shipped it out tuesday by UPS international express saver for a cost of $45, and it arrived at Openpandora today. My order was confirmed and processed as payed for! As far as I know, a money order is a money order. I got mine in US funds, and never asked the bank if it could be cashed in the UK. I really didn't care. That wasn't a part of the reorder email. Openpandora just says send them a check or money order for your refunded CC amount, and in your native currency, and they would pay on there end to get it cash and/or converted. I hope this helps.

Jumpman
you spent $45 to mail a piece of paper?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did mine today. It cost me $4 to have the money order made up at my bank and $1.68 to mail it to the UK for 7-14 day delivery. The upcharge of $40 to have it get there in 3 days with tracking seemed a bit crazy. I then sent Debs an email to let them know it was on it's way.

I figure if I'm trusting them with hundreds they can trust me that it is in the mail.

94 cent is all it cost me to send them my check. I mailed it on a friday morning and they had it by Tuesday. Don't go crazy with the shipping or you might as well have spend the money on a bank transfer.

Alpha2 said:
94 cent is all it cost me to send them my check. I mailed it on a friday morning and they had it by Tuesday. Don't go crazy with the shipping or you might as well have spend the money on a bank transfer.
Exactly, airmail should be fine, don't sweat doing a fast delivery.

hmm... I spent $40USD to send a piece of paper. wow. Why didn't I read this thread before. anyway, wasn't there a 7 day limit or something? or was that for an email?

No, they just would prefer to receive reorders within 7 days, but would "be flexible" if it might take a couple days extra; also, new orders will apparently be doable for the next 2-3 weeks, or until supplies run out.

if it makes you feel any better you were doing it for the sake of assurence. Personally I expected to be sitting arounf for about 3 or 4 weeks waiting for a confirmation that they got it even with Airmail, so I was surprised to be thar lucky!

Phawx said:
Please make the cheque/money order payable to: OPENPANDORA LTD

Postal Address:

26 MEADOW ROAD
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
TYNE & WEAR
NE157LP
UK
This is troublesome. I got an eMail from Debs, and it did not have the above line, TYNE & WEAR.

What I got was:

Openpandora Ltd
26 Meadow Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE15 7LP
UK

So here I have a money order off in the mail, untraceable, to a potentially bad address?

Or ... Who's right? Or is anybody wrong? Will it get there either way?

It'll get there no problem don't worry :) I'm from the UK btw. It would find it's way there with just the postcode and business name if that makes you feel any better.

puppydee said:
It'll get there no problem don't worry :) I'm from the UK btw. It would find it's way there with just the postcode and business name if that makes you feel any better.
Cool, thanks, does add some comfort to the situation.

eksasol said:
jumpman said:

Jumpman
you spent $45 to mail a piece of paper?

Yeah,
To answer all the questions why I would pay $45 to send a MO is very simple. My order was over $1500.00(3 seperate MO), and I personally wouldn't trust that kind of money to just float around in the postal system for weeks with no way to track or find it incase of mishap. If I would have tranfered the funds thru my bank, I would have been out around that same amount of money anyway, so not a big deal. 3 days later and my order is "complete and confirmed" at Openpandora. No waiting on snail mail, and wondering where $1500 dollars might be? Or where it is at 2 or 3 weeks from now. It was just an insurance policy for myself. I'm actually placing another order this week, and plan to do it the exact same way. That way it is trackable, and I get verification that it is signed for and by whom, when it arrives. My orignal CC order also charged a $43 dollar fee for that transaction, so to all those people who complain about reordering by check and money order, and that there is no secrure ordering, why would anyone just drop a check or MO order in the mail seems very insane to me, but what do I know?

Jumpman

Back