Modding business

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
Would any experinced modder be interested in being paid to mod gameparks? I know lots of people would pay good money to hav the ram and voltage mods done but dont hav the experince to do it themselves. If i get the courage up i might hav a bash at the voltage one and changing the flu switch (whenver a catch mine when playing the light starts to flicker loads).

Well, any takers?

The responsibility of that one individual carrying out the work would be too much. There would be no insurance or guarantee. The complaints if anything went wrong would be too much to deal with.

i suppose i could write a simplified guide for the voltage mod, but only if there was real interest, and you ould probably have to have some experience of soldering before hand as your working with small components.

i agree with ramzy about the more user-friendly modding guides, but seeing as i have literally no experience with this sort of stuff i would strongly consider sending my gp off depending on the price of it all. how much does the ram cost and how much would people seriously pay someone for installing it? i would pay up to £30 for installation and obviously pay for the ram and postage there and back. but like twimfy said, if something went wrong we would basically be fucked.

I would give it a go if someone sends me a already damaged GP32 (Like the USB doesnt work or something...) that doesn't matter if it gets messed up and the 32MB Ram chip... I got all the Equipment for doing it but dont want to do it on a 100% Working GP32... hehe :D

Is there any special equipment you can use to easily remove chips, beacause although im pretty good at soldering it seems awfully labour intensive removing the connections with braid or possibly a suction pump.

Also i dont think too many people woud be willing to offer a service to install chips or do the voltage mod, i know i wouldnt because i dont have the money to replace gps if the mod were to go wrong and i dont really want my ass sued. :p

Finally im not entirly sure why so many people want a ram upgrade, it wont allow you to clock any higher, it will use up the batteries quicker and there are no programs to take advantage of it(nor do i think there will be).

Ramzy posted on Dec 28 2003 at 01:23 PM said:
It could make GBA emulation possible, eh?
It'd allow us to load bigger roms, but speed-wise, GBA emulation would still suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Axeman posted on Dec 28 2003 at 03:58 PM said:
Have many other people had problems with the FLU switch?
I had the whole switch break loose from the case (i.e. the epoxy didn't hold.) I had to go in, and glue it back on to the case with Krazy Glue. Fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I heard that you can snip the legs off the old chip then remove them to make it easier....

Back