Mmorpgs?

MrDowntempo

Still Fresh
The idea of carrying my MMORPG characther in my pocket on my pandora is very enticing and something I very much want to do. I know I won't be able to load up WoW, but will I be able to get my MMORPG fix from anything other than MUDs and MuSHs? If not, thats cool, so long as I can in fact MUDs and MuSHs =) So are there any persistant world multiplayer RPGs that can run on a pandora? Preferably open source and with free accounts?

If we ever get javascript running runescape will be playable. But of course that costs money and most people think that it's lame like me.

Trickyhero said:
If we ever get javascript running runescape will be playable. But of course that costs money and most people think that it's lame like me.

Do you mean Java? Because Javascript works.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
Trickyhero said:

-God Ginrai
Oh really? That's preety cool.

Trickyhero said:

Played runescape very shortly. Kinda liked the game, but i had a problem with the average user there, so dropped it after a few days.

Played Tibia for quite a long time, it is closed source, but they have a linux client (x86 but since it's all 2d graphics, a port of the client might not be that hard). Maybe the number of pandora's in the wild would probably first have to be higher to make it financial interesting for CipSoft, but then again, they have a scaled down version of the game for mobiles (it is kinda lame) so they might find it interesting to have a proper mobile platform for their full game. And i cant think of any device better equipped than the pandora.

Eniko seems to know what she's doing, and as soon as testing opens i'm going to spend a lot of time there i think, but it will be quite some time before it is an actual "Hey fck, the sun is coming up again, i've been gaming for 10 hours straight" kinda mmorpg. Very very promising, but also very early. Keep it up Eniko, and i hope you prove me very wrong!!! ;)

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

God Ginrai said:
Trickyhero said:

And technically so does Java, it just doesn't appear to be installed by default.
The problem with Runescape is that it uses libraries which don't have ARM ports, specifically the OpenGL graphics stuff.

WizardStan said:
God Ginrai said:
Trickyhero said:

And technically so does Java, it just doesn't appear to be installed by default.
The problem with Runescape is that it uses libraries which don't have ARM ports, specifically the OpenGL graphics stuff.

Oh, I knew Java worked. But I didn't remember if this was the MMO that used that strange outdated graphics library for Java or not, so I stuck to pointing out the fact that Javascript does work.

-God Ginrai

Just felt i should mention but, Diablo II on Pandora would be awesome.. if impossible due to closed src

God Ginrai said:
WizardStan said:
God Ginrai said:
Trickyhero said:

Oh, I knew Java worked. But I didn't remember if this was the MMO that used that strange outdated graphics library for Java or not, so I stuck to pointing out the fact that Javascript does work.

-God Ginrai
Looking in the graphics settings there's "Safe Mode" "Software" "Open GL" and "DirectX". not sure if that helps.

Probably shouldn't still be playing that game :p

Back